Head of Marketplace- Egypt
Operations & Sales – Marketplace /
Ready to change the world? We’re reinventing freight and logistics at Trella. We’re a YC-backed technology company and we're looking for the best talent out there to help us build and scale our product offering. We aspire to create a step-change in the industry and we want you to be a part of the journey!
About the Role
At Trella, we are always seeking to innovate and deliver best-in-class service for shippers and carrier partners. Becoming the freight platform of choice is a company mission and goal. We believe that through our platform, we can tackle the extreme inefficiencies that we see in the day-to-day operations of the transportation industry, thus reducing the costs of the overall market. By disrupting the industry, we can tackle the inefficiencies and improve our quality of service while scaling through the following:
- Increasing carrier app engagement to help us scale through tech enabled operations.
- Maximizing truck utilization and carrier efficiency, ensuring optimum utilization leading to enhanced unit economics to all parties.
- Utilizing our digital marketplace to regulate and structure trucking operations, giving full transparency to carriers and shippers.
- Enhancing the quality of service in the market through User 360 information.
The marketplace team is a data driven function primarily focused on the carrier front, where you will objectively analyze trends through dashboards to find areas of efficiency gains. Your role will require cross-functional communication to solve challenging problems, and look ahead to avoid and mitigate potential issues.
What you will do:
- Building the internal infrastructure that enables us to monitor all loads efficiently and effectively, from load request to payments and collection.
- Carrier retention by analyzing carrier churn & reengagement trends, and aiming to retain our supply database through truck utilization, incentive schemes and loyalty programs adopted.
- Working on efficiency gains through utilization and backhauls through organic means (load volume and lane density) and inorganic methods such as trip bundles and planning through the marketplace.
- Develop and enhance the pricing algorithm in correlation with our marketplace efficiency and all market conditions.
- Analyze and enhance carrier’s overall dispatching efficiency and truck utilization.
- Collaborate with the product team on product requirements and availing data that will assist you with approaching the problems.
- Develop tools and dashboards to be able to track progress and show trends of the metrics defined.
- Playbook each project and monitor different strategies through trial and errors, showing the result of each step.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Data Science and/or Engineering
- 4+ years experience in data analytics and project management, management consulting and operations management.
- Analytical skills - SQL experience and data analytic tools (excel)Relevant experience in managing challenging situations with effective prioritization and rapid response.
- Analytical mindset and experience in defining and solving complex issues.
- Relevant experience building and scaling large-scale strategic and cross-functional programs from the ground-up.
- Strong ownership, a bias for action, and willingness to roll-up your sleeves.
- Organizational skills
Trella aims to structure and regulate the freight industry with a goal of improving efficiency and reducing waste throughout the entire supply chain. This can only be achieved through building technology to create an interconnected network of carriers and shippers. Through this technology, Trella will improve shipping routes, increase truck utilization and efficiently batch shipments. This will effectively reduce costs throughout the entire supply chain, improving carrier and shipper economics and ensure both ends of the marketplace profitably grow their businesses - creating unprecedented economic opportunities in the logistics space - while reducing environmental waste.