Tech – Engineering /
Ready to change the world? We’re reinventing freight and logistics at Trella. We’re a YC-backed technology company and we're looking for the best talent out there to help us build and scale our product offering. We aspire to create a step-change in the industry and we want you to be a part of the journey!
About the Role:
Oversees and leads conception, execution and launch of engineering products. Manages communication and coordination among different types of engineers, designers and analysts working on a project. Supervises project schedule, budget, and communications with stakeholders.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Help build and lead great software teams to deliver world-class products.
- Lead a team of software engineers in implementing high-quality services including design, development, and deployment of new business functionality.
- Encourages and supports others to take on responsibility, authority, and accountability.
- Be an active partner for Product Management in order to deliver market fitting solutions.
- Establish a solid project framework and development processes.
- Take part in engineers day to day technical guidance and support them in complex problem-solving.
- You will be promoting a culture of excellence, where best practices and standards are an everyday habit.
- 5+ years of professional experience architecting, developing, and shipping software products and/or services.
- Managing Team of Engineers
- Experience in multi-tiered distributed systems, web services, APIs, and relational & NoSQL databases
- Extensive backend programming experience in one or more of the following: C#, Go, Python
- Ability to: effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions; deal with loosely defined problems and fast-changing requirements & think abstractly.
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Experience in Microservices architecture, Kafka, Redis, ElasticSearch is a big plus
- Able to thrive in a dynamic environment where goals and requirements may be changing.
Trella aims to structure and regulate the freight industry with a goal of improving efficiency and reducing waste throughout the entire supply chain. This can only be achieved through building technology to create an interconnected network of carriers and shippers. Through this technology, Trella will improve shipping routes, increase truck utilization and efficiently batch shipments. This will effectively reduce costs throughout the entire supply chain, improving carrier and shipper economics and ensure both ends of the marketplace profitably grow their businesses - creating unprecedented economic opportunities in the logistics space - while reducing environmental waste.