GL Specialist, Egypt
Finance – Accounting /
Ready to change the world? We’re reinventing freight and logistics at Trella. We’re a YC-backed technology company and we're looking for the best talent out there to help us build and scale our product offering. We aspire to create a step-change in the industry and we want you to be a part of the journey!
About The Role:
General ledger accountants prepare journal entries, reconcile financial statements and accounts, and ensure data accuracy. They typically report to a Senior or manager and work with management in other departments. This position involves analyzing and ensuring accuracy of data, those who are well-suited to a career as a general ledger accountant are detail-oriented, organized, and accurate. While a general ledger accountant’s day-to-day duties and responsibilities are determined by where they work, there are many core tasks associated with the role. Based on our analysis of job listings, these include the below.
Key Responsibilities Areas:
- Ensure Data Accuracy and conduct audits to maintain truthful and precise data in documents.
- Analyze Financial Information and provide assurance that information complies with professional and regulatory standards and provide solutions to control issues.
- Support Monthly and Annual Close Processes and record information such as accrual, reclass, and Inter-company entries into the company’s accounting ledger and perform account analysis to make sure that entries and balances are correct.
- Reconcile Accounts with the general ledger and ensure that all entries are accurate and that transactions are reported in accordance with accounting standards and government regulations, find errors and make changes as necessary.
- Prepare Journal Entries With appropriate supporting documentation, prepare journal entries relating to amortization, depreciation, accruals, and a variety of other information and ensure that entries align with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Assist in automating processes and procedures.
- Assist with financial audits and tax return paperwork.
Requisites / Prerequisites:
- Work Experience: 1-3 years of General Ledger and Journal Entries experience.
- Education: Bachelor’s in Economics, Finance, and Accounting.
- Nice to Have(s): Strong understanding of debits/credits and accounting principles.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to resolve complex problems with multiple variables .
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong skills in working with expenses, accounting and ability to reconcile accounts.
- Proficiency with computers, especially bookkeeping software and MS Office.
- High level of efficiency and accuracy.
- Willingness to comply with all local, state, federal, and company regulations.
- Preferred to have Both Audit & corporate Experience.
- CPA, ACCA, CMA, Dip IFRS is a plus.
Trella aims to structure and regulate the freight industry with a goal of improving efficiency and reducing waste throughout the entire supply chain. This can only be achieved through building technology to create an interconnected network of carriers and shippers. Through this technology, Trella will improve shipping routes, increase truck utilization and efficiently batch shipments. This will effectively reduce costs throughout the entire supply chain, improving carrier and shipper economics and ensure both ends of the marketplace profitably grow their businesses - creating unprecedented economic opportunities in the logistics space - while reducing environmental waste.