Lead / Sr. Data Scientist
New York, New York
Recognized as a top 10 finalist in Google's Machine Learning Competition and Decoded Fashions top start up in 2017, Trendalytics is leveraging cutting edge technologies to provide consumer brands and retailers with nextgen predictive analytics.
We are seeking a Lead / Sr. Data Scientist who is eager to solve complex and intellectually stimulating problems related to social media, search and e-commerce big-data sets, natural language and image processing computational challenges. We work with multiple Fortune 500 companies and disruptive online retailers, many who are interested in our next stage of development.
You will have the opportunity to manage a dynamic team of talented junior data scientists. If having a lot of autonomy, the opportunity to hire and manage team members and help choose a rockstar Data Science advisor that will be your personal mentor sounds appealing, we'd love to hear from you. Seeking candidates in BOTH our New York City and Seattle locations.
What we're looking for
- A team player with a combination of deep technical skills and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within our internal team and the organizations of our fortune 500 clients.
- Someone with the ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations
- A thought leader with publications or presentation in recognized Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Data Mining journals/conferences
- Someone with a demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment
- A manager interested in developing leadership skills and with a penchant to hire and nurture rising talent.
- Work on large data sets of structured, semi-structured unstructured data to discover data insights and collaborate with business partners to deliver business value through these insights.
- Manage a dynamic team of talented junior data scientist in the development of analytic solutions under your responsibility
- Present findings to all levels of the organization, including peers, senior management and customers.
- Develop data analytics heuristic and algorithmic solutions that can be repeatedly applied to new data in a production enterprise-software environment.
- Apply techniques based on predictive, behavioral or other models via statistical analysis and use of relevant modeling tools and libraries.
- Design and develop production-ready code using various programming environments including Python, NoSQL, SQL and others.
- PhD or Masters Degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
- 5+ years of industry experience in predictive modeling, data science and analysis
- Previous experience in a ML or data scientist role and a track record of building ML or DL models.
- Experience and track record of helping companies or teams with their AI needs
- Good skills with programming languages, such as Java or C/C++
- Experience using Python and/or R
- Able to write production level code, which is well-written and explainable
- Experience using ML libraries, such as scikit-learn, mllib
- Experience working with GPUs to develop models
- Experience handling terabyte size datasets
- Track record of diving into data to discover hidden patterns
- Familiarity with using data visualization tools
- Knowledge and experience of writing and tuning SQL
- Past and current experience writing and speaking about complex technical concepts to broad audiences in a simplified format
- Experience giving data presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We seek candidates in BOTH our New York City and Seattle locations.
Trendalytics is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Trendalytics are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.