Sr Data Engineer
New York, New York
Recognized as a top 10 finalist in Google's Machine Learning Competition and by industry as Decoded Fashions top start up, Trendalytics is working on the industry's most pertinent and cutting edge problems in predictive analytics.
We are seeking a Sr Data Engineer who is eager to solve complex and intellectually stimulating problems related to designing and developing robust, scalable solutions for collecting, analyzing large social media, search and e-commerce data sets, creating and maintaining data pipelines, data structures and reports to be used by multiple Fortune 500 companies and disruptive online retailers.
- Partner end-to-end with Product Managers and Data Scientists to understand customer requirements and design prototypes and bring ideas to production
- Design, implement and manage data pipelines at enterprise scale with unit testing, data migration and production data maintenance.
- Use your expert coding skills across a number of languages like SQL, Python and Java to support analysts and data scientists
- Design and develop new framework and automation tools to enable teams to consume and understand data faster. Enhance, refine and implement existing applications and systems.
- Formulate and refine analytics algorithms leveraging data from search, social and e-commerce in time series, text and image-based formats.
- Responsible for development, testing, documentation and analysis of modules or features of distributed software systems and products.
- Develop accurate time, cost and resource estimates for developing and maintaining systems.
- B.S. or MS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related.
- 5+ years of SQL (PostgreSQL, Oracle, AWS Redshift, Hive, etc) experience required, No-SQL experience is a plus.
- 5+ years professional coding experience in Python, C/C++, Java or Go.
- 5+ years professional experience with data warehousing, data architecture, ETL data pipeline and/or data engineering environments at enterprise scale.
- Professional experience architecting and developing large scale cloud based distributed systems. Experience in concurrency, multithreading and synchronization.
- Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights
Trendalytics is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Trendalytics are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.