Istanbul / Maslak
Engineering, Technology & Product – Engineering
Join us and be a part of this exciting opportunity!
Our mission is to serve our customers to buy what they want, when they want with the best experience driven by technology. We are a Tech company - Technology is the driver, ecommerce is the outcome.
Founded in 2010, we are the largest and fastest growing mobile commerce company in Turkey and the MENA region, the largest internet employer in Turkey with a team of ca. 2000 people. In 2018, we have announced an investment and strategic partnership with Alibaba Group which also is the largest internet sector investment in Turkey to date.
Our culture is at the core of everything we do. Focused on results, keeping our customer first, we always work for better and always test, iterate and improve. We learn from our mistakes, direct and open feedback is at the core of our culture.
We are scaling fast and profitably, expanding into international markets. If you want to learn, grow and deliver, if you are results-oriented, love teamwork, appreciate open communication, learning and iteration, and making decisions with data, Come, join our tribe!
We are looking for a Data Engineer who has experience and enthusiasm for data! Also, you should be a team player and energetic because we want you to adapt to our dynamic and lively environment for challenging and inspiring each other!
Technology Department is one of the most important team at Trendyol which is future-oriented, fast-growing and technology enthusiast company. Software Development Team builds scalable, high performing platforms for our customer satisfaction by using up-to-date and efficient technologies. At the end, we are all working towards the same goal: to create an excellent experience for our customers at Trendyol.
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mathematical Engineering, Mathematics and related Information Technologies,
- 2 - 6 years experience in related areas,
- Hands on experience in building data pipelines with Spark or Flink
- Experience in open source data technologies (Hadoop, Hbase, Hive, Kafka, Storm etc.) is a plus,
- Knowledge of streaming architecture is a big plus,
- Strong object oriented design and development skills,
- Experience with Unix/ Linux and shell scripting,
- Hands on with Java/Scala programming,
- Experience building RESTful APIs,
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL technologies, data modeling and tradeoffs,
- Experience with databases columnar, distributed, row based,
- Enjoy doing research and able to gather information to find out and execute best practices of the areas he/she is responsible for,
- Enjoy improving & optimizing software and using new technologies
- Good understanding of English,
- Able to think proactively and having a result oriented approach,
- Having no military obligation for male candidates is preferred.
- Technology Stack: Kafka, Spark, Flink, Airflow, Sql, Hive, Git, SBT, Kubernetes, Docker, Spring Boot, Alibaba Cloud, Amazon Web Services, Jupyter, Zeppelin, Cassandra, Akka
- Languages : Scala, Python, Java
- Building infrastructure to support real time or offline data pipelines for processing terabytes of data,
- Design and scale data ingestion systems with high availability and reliability,
- Creating and managing data jobs with various data platforms,
- Data enrichment and manipulation on streaming data,
- Developing and designing R&D Projects,
- Provide architectural support by building PoC & Prototypes
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Take responsibility from day one, improve your skills and learn continuously.
- We have open communication, team work and promote servant leadership. We value talent, not titles!
- Chance to shape future of e-commerce with us and experience agility at its best!
- Working in an engaging workplace and being part of our cross-functional, diversified and dynamic team.
- Don’t forget to have fun while we work, we work hard play hard, open office and happy hours :)
Want to join us? Happy to receive your online application!