Software Engineer (Shopify)
Salt Lake City, UT /
Trevco helps the world’s largest brands materialize their vision through designing, manufacturing, and selling licensed consumer products. Over 800+ brands are partnered with Trevco including Warner Bros (Superman, Batman, Harry Potter) CBS & Showtime, Star Trek, NBC Universal, DreamWorks, 80s Rock bands such as ACDC, KISS, sports leagues like the NHL, and so many more.
Trevco is looking to add a software engineer with experience in Shopify development to its team. As a Software Engineer at Trevco you will not spend all your time directly in Shopify. We have a big picture objective to create an independent interface to automate shop deployment utilizing the Shopify API via private application development. You will be interfacing with our Creative and Licensing departments to provide a robust Shopify solution to our brands.
In the 1st Month you will...
- Get a detailed understanding of the TrevcoCommerce objectives
- Brainstorm with teammates regarding tooling.
- Initial planning phases of in-house application UI.
- Understand Trevco’s current technology platform and how you fit into it.
Sharpen your skills in Month 2 by...
- Working closely with 4 Shopify themes for quick commerce deployment.
- Planning private application integrations optimized for team efficiency and usability.
- Theme customization you see fit.
Execute in Month 3 by...
- Building UI tooling for quick shop deployment and updates.
- Launching your first TrevcoCommerce store.
- Find tuning themes.
- Building automation with Shopify’s API.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Building Shopify integration with the API through private or public app
- Working with Ruby on Rails or Nodejs
- Understanding of Shopify theming and the ability to make safe modifications
- Good grasp on Shopify’s collections and tagging
Building for Tomorrow
Help Trevco build amazing cloud applications for the future. As a new member of the Trevco’s tech team you will help drive adoption and solve problems in powerful cloud native ways. We believe that is through the power of serverless architecture. A desire to learn or any experience with AWS services including but not limited to Lambda, DynamoDB, AppSync, S3, API Gateway and Cognito is great. Experience with React and tools such as SAM, Serverless Framework and AWS Amplify is a plus.