Art Manager - Pop Culture and Entertainment
Madison Heights, MI /
Trevco helps the world’s largest brands materialize their vision through designing, manufacturing, and selling licensed consumer products. Over 800+ brands are partnered with Trevco including Warner Bros (Superman, Batman, Harry Potter) CBS & Showtime, Star Trek, NBC Universal, DreamWorks, 80s Rock bands such as ACDC, KISS, sports leagues like the NHL, and so many more.
As the Art Manger of our Pop Culture, Entertainment & Music division, you will be responsible for designing and/or overseeing the design of all aspects of art & creative as it relates to our licensed products. You will lead a team of graphic artists, allocating resources, managing projects, being the first line of creative feedback, and often digging in and designing yourself. At Trevco, We Crave Untapped Potential - this position will be able to make an immediate impact if you’re willing to roll up your sleeves and never want to stop learning.
In the 1st Month you will...
- Learn about Trevco’s product offerings, revenue streams, our brands and more.
- Assess your team: Who can design what and what are their capabilities?
- Develop a priority list of what to work on first, working cross functionally with e-commerce teams.
- Begin to lead the art team in the execution of the vision of all art for apparel & accessories by developing a strong consumer-oriented point of view through a deep understanding of the customer.
Sharpen your skills in Month 2 by...
- Creating artwork for various product lines such as apparel and accessories.
- Revising designs as needed based on direction from the Creative Director and brand owners.
- Managing (including goal setting, performance review, hiring decisions, team culture, etc.) and support the career development of direct reports to ensure job satisfaction, retention and to identify and develop bench strength.
- Working on ad hoc special projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years art / design experience
- 3+ years in artist management
- Extensive knowledge of pop-culture is a must
- Strong experience in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator is required
- Strong traditional illustration skills is a plus
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Speed and accuracy are essential
- Attention to detail is a must