Creative Director, Apparel Brands
Madison Heights, MI /
Trevco helps the world’s largest brands materialize their vision through designing, manufacturing, and selling licensed consumer products, namely apparel. Over 1000+ brands are partnered with Trevco including Warner Bros (Superman, Batman, Harry Potter) CBS & Showtime, Star Trek, NBC Universal, DreamWorks, 80s Rock bands such as ACDC, KISS, sports leagues like the NHL, Collegiate and so many more.
As a Creative Director for Trevco, you will be the leader and creator of in-house, digitally native eCommerce brands & programs across pop culture, music, entertainment, sports & collegiate licensing. You’ll lead a team of talented artists who will help create on-trend apparel and non-apparel designs, at your vision. At Trevco, this position will be able to make an immediate impact if you’re willing to roll up your sleeves and never want to stop learning.
Please note: You must have design or creative direction experience at an apparel brand. Agency creative directors pls do not apply!
In the 1st Month you will...
· Become familiar with Trevco’s many licensed brands and the requirements of those properties
· Learn the brand guidelines and aesthetic of our various digitally native, eCommerce brands
· Meet your new team and become familiar with their capabilities, ready to coach & mentor
· Learn all of the current art department processes and procedures
Sharpen your skills in Month 2 by...
· Supervising, mentoring and encouraging creative team members to foster a positive work environment & amazing, on trend, desired artwork.
· Reviewing and approving art and creative developed by the team, ensuring deliverables that effectively address company goals.
· Evaluating and keep up-to-date with new creative trends.
· Directing brainstorming meetings and creative sessions.
· Shaping brand standards and create procedures to ensure all products are brand appropriate.
Execute in Month 3 by...
· Defining and carry out the creative vision and merchandising of brands and programs.
· Managing a trend calendar.
· Analyzing success and failure of various programs to inform future creative.
· Driving sales, in partnership with the eCommerce team through creative initiatives.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 7 years of related experience with 3+ years of creative direction
- Familiarity with a variety of software programs, such as Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Highly skilled with leading a team of creative talent
- Knowledge of how to develop brand identities
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- Knowledge of design of pop culture, music, entertainment, sports & collegiate trends