Data Scientist, Recognition
Nihonbashi, Tokyo /
Automated Driving Engineering – Recognition /
Toyota Research Institute - Advanced Development (TRI-AD) was established in March 2018 as a $2.8 billion joint venture between Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC), Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd. (Aisin), and Denso Corporation (Denso) to develop fully-integrated, production-quality software and automated driving technology. TRI-AD is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and aims to create a smooth software pipeline from research to commercialization, and strengthen the collaboration within the Toyota Group in the domains of research and advanced development. The core mission of TRI-AD is to become a world-class software and technology company, and to build the safest car in the world. Attracting top talent internationally, TRI-AD has adopted English as its official language in order to facilitate collaboration and partnerships globally.
Our mission is to create world-class software and build the safest car in the world. As a data scientist on the Automated Driving Recognition team, you will help create a scalable data infrastructure and pipelines to support the development of a perception stack that is deployed to millions of users. Also, you will provide support in analyzing and improving machine learning model performance from a data perspective.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The ideal candidate is self-motivated to find solutions to complex real-world problems, and make an impact while contributing to a cross-functional team. You will combine cutting-edge technology with robust safety standards, and support a host of different projects within automated driving.
- Design and continuously improve large scale iterative labeling, training, validation, and deploying data processing pipelines for machine learning that ingests cameras, LiDARs, radars, and other modalities
- Develop and integrate data handling APIs, automation systems and tools to provide ground truth for machine learning and simulation
- Analyze large scale data via statistical methods and identify its characteristics to propose technical solutions to ML engineers from a data perspective
- Lead continuous improvement of the development environment via modern approaches from a data scientist perspective
- Drive actions at scale to provide high impact services for Automated Driving Recognition Team scientifically-based methods and decision making and driving a high performance gain
- Partner with engineering and product teams to solve business and technology problems using scientific approaches
- Master’s Degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g. statistics, math, or computer science, electrical engineering, or similar field of study
- 3+ years of work experience in data science, machine learning, data engineering, or related areas
- Extensive experience with statistical data analysis and data science tools
- Experience writing software in Python or C++
- Technical leadership and domain expertise to drive cross-functional research collaborations
- Business-level Proficiency in English
- Ph.D. education in related field
- Knowledge of Deep Learning models and techniques
- Experience with multiple database and data architecture paradigms, such as Hadoop, MongoDB, Spark, SQL, Druid, Pachyderm
- Experience with infrastructure and CI pipelines, such as Docker, Kubernetes, Airflow, Jenkins, Beam, Cyclone, MLflow
- Passion for Technology and Mobility & possess excellent communication skills
If you are currently located at outside of Japan, don't worry, we'll set an interview over Google Hangout Meet or Skype.
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms: