Marketing and Communications Manager
Los Altos, CA
Venture Capital – Toyota AI Ventures
Toyota AI Ventures is a Silicon Valley-based venture capital subsidiary of the Toyota Research Institute (TRI) that funds early-stage startups developing disruptive technologies and business models in artificial intelligence (AI), data, cloud, autonomous mobility, and robotics. We invest in promising entrepreneurs from around the world who share our dedication to improving the quality of human life through AI, and we’re looking for an experienced communications professional to join us.
Report to the VP of Platform and Marketing, the Marketing and Communication Manager will be responsible for driving brand awareness for the firm and our portfolio companies. It’s a dynamic, hands-on role that includes management of internal and external communications efforts for a variety of audiences.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Craft content and track performance for the monthly newsletter
- Draft copy for the website, blog posts, email blasts, media releases, investor reporters, and other materials as needed
- Manage editorial and events calendars, researching and identifying potential media opportunities and speaking engagements
- Assist with producing and running events, and securing speaking opportunities
- Take the lead on social media channels, Slack community, and blog
- Develop and implement marketing/advertising campaigns to increase traffic and engagement
- Maintain the firm’s digital asset library and build other resources to help the team and portfolio companies
- Monitor key media outlets and track press mentions
- Collaborate with TRI/Toyota communications colleagues and portfolio companies on media strategy and outreach
- Minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in marketing, public relations or a related role
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- An excellent storyteller with strong written and verbal communications skills
- High attention to detail, self-starter able to work well in a dynamic environment
- Strong research and project management skills
- Tech savvy; familiarity with Twitter, LinkedIn, Medium, G Suite and MailChimp are advantageous
- Creative thinker who is curious about new technologies and passionate about our mission
- Previous experience working for a VC firm preferred
TRI provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.