Los Altos, CA; Cambridge, MA /
Operations – Finance /
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re on a mission to improve the quality of human life. We’re developing new tools and capabilities to amplify the human experience. To lead this transformative shift in mobility, we’ve built a world-class team in human-centric AI, energy and materials, machine learning, and robotics.
As the VP, Finance at TRI, you will establish and lead Financial Planning, Forecasting and Financial Results Reporting & Analysis and Accounting that enables the company to report financial results accurately and in a timely manner and will play a critical role in driving the company’s financial and strategic success. You will partner closely with the R&D, Operations teams, and executives to influence financial decisions and maintain fiscal discipline.
- Oversee and lead the team responsible for financial planning, budgeting, and Financial Results Reporting & Analysis
- Enable the company to report its financial results accurately; and in a timely manner, plus prioritize resources efficiently and manage cash flows to align with the company’s budget
- Represent the company to Toyota North America and Toyota Motor Corporation
- Own the forecasting process across all functions to ensure an accurate, always up to date operating model
- Coordinate, prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and filings
- Develop financial best practices and standard procedures.
- Implement financial controls across all functions to handle risk
- Lead the financial audit processes
- Devise and manage Annual Business Plan & Budget agreed upon by the board
- Advise the CEO and other executives regarding key strategic initiatives in the company
- Oversee financial and accounting activities at Toyota Ventures, TRI’s corporate VC
- Maintain the relationship with Toyota’s affiliated companies’ financial oversight body
- Run a high-functioning department that is collaborative and delivers a high-quality decision support
- Partner with business unit leaders to evaluate key trends, and ensure forecast accuracy
- Support resource allocation decisions through insightful analysis and modeling
- Provide thought leadership to drive system enhancements and operational improvements; lead high impact strategic initiatives and projects to enhance the reporting and analytical infrastructure
- In addition, manage and oversee accounts payable and procurement
- Experience as a Vice President or head of FP&A, Sr. Director of FP&A at a mid-sized company
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- CPA certification
- MSc/MBA strongly preferred
- 15+ years of experience in business, finance and operations
- Shown strategic business experience (such as: business development, mergers and acquisitions, product delivery, management of areas outside FP&A)
- Excellent negotiation skills/relationship building
- Experience working internationally and across cultures
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP with technical accounting, research and reporting skills Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Proficiency in Workday accounting software and system integration
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills
- Experience leading teams and strong leadership abilities including remote staff management and consistent track record to build bridges with cross-functional leads
- Attention to detail a must, good communication skills and desire to work collaboratively
Please reference this Candidate Privacy Notice to inform you of the categories of personal information that we collect from individuals who inquire about and/or apply to work for Toyota Research Institute, Inc. or its subsidiaries, including Toyota A.I. Ventures GP, L.P., and the purposes for which we use such personal information.
TRI provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
TRI is committed to the safety of our workforce and community. Thereby, we require COVID-19 vaccinations, including boosters, for all employees and applicants. Applicants are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Any offer of employment will be conditioned upon, among other things, vaccination status against COVID-19. TRI provides reasonable accommodations to our COVID-19 vaccination policy in accordance with applicable state, federal and local laws.