2021 Software Data Team Intern
Los Altos, CA /
University – University /
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics, and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life. Through innovation, TRI will help…
- Innovate solutions that will enable development of vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
- Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
- Bring advanced mobility technology to market faster.
- Discover new materials that will make batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
- Develop human-centered AI systems to augment (not replace) human decision making to increase the quality of decisions (e.g. mitigate cognitive biases) and/or to facilitate faster innovation cycles.
If this sounds exciting to you, join our 12 week Summer 2021 Internship Program. Our program allows you to work on real projects around designing safer cars, enabling the elderly to age in place with the help of robots, creating alternative fuel sources, and developing new science to better understand human cognition. Interns will benefit from a supportive, collaborative environment and gain insights from a dedicated mentor who will help ensure a productive and meaningful experience.
You will work as a team member on the Data team. This team is developing software tools that enable research teams to navigate and make use of our data lake. Users of their tools do all sorts of things like curating datasets for ML models to analyzing vehicle performance to executing ETL jobs in our pipeline.
If you are a creative thinker and an innovator with a strong desire to apply your technical skills to developments which can improve the quality of human life, this is the internship for you.
- Proficiency in Python or Java.
- Proficiency with an SCM workflow (i.e. git, BitBucket, SVN)
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP.
- Experience working with and deploying HTTP services a plus.
- Experience with gRPC is a plus.
- General experience in Linux.
- Experience or interest in Robotics, AI, or Machine Learning a plus.
- Strong understanding of common software performance issues and tradeoffs.
- Excellent communication skills and the desire to work as a team.
Please reference this Candidate Privacy Notice to inform you of the categories of personal information that we collect from individuals who inquire about and/or apply to work for Toyota Research Institute, Inc. or its subsidiaries, including Toyota A.I. Ventures GP, L.P., and the purposes for which we use such personal information.
TRI provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.