2021 Cybersecurity Intern
Los Altos, CA /
University – University /
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics, and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life. Through innovation, TRI will help…
- Innovate solutions that will enable development of vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
- Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
- Bring advanced mobility technology to market faster.
-Discover new materials that will make batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
- Develop human-centered AI systems to augment (not replace) human decision making to increase the quality of decisions (e.g. mitigate cognitive biases) and/or to facilitate faster innovation cycles.
If this sounds exciting to you, join our 12 week Summer 2021 Internship Program. Our program allows you to work on real projects around crafting safer cars, enabling the elderly to age in place with the help of robots, crafting alternative fuel sources, and developing new science to better understand human cognition. Interns will benefit from an encouraging, collaborative environment and gain insights from a dedicated mentor who will help ensure a productive and meaningful experience!
You will work as a team member on the CyberSecurity/ IT team. This team is keeping all things TRI/ Autonomous Driving/ Robotics safe. This will likely be a remote role due to the pandemic this year. You will work on the real issues our team is working on not a project that will be disregarded.
We are looking for someone who has the following skills:
- SOC analyst exposure around incident management and response, basics of how to address problems vs incidents
- G-Suite knowledge and how to use G-Suite tools for email management, ITIL basics, Phishing campaigns and why and how they are setup and run, metrics capturing and how IT systems health plays into Incident Response
- AWS fundamentals with knowledge or exposure to CLoudWatch, Guard Duty, VPC configs, VPC flow logs, AMIs, Docker image assessments/Scanning, Lamda connections
- Experience in building applications n-tier architectures, architecture analysis and design, Secure coding best practises, OWASP top 10.
- Hands on coding skills in JAVA, Angular, Node, python is a plus
- Networking fundamentals and knowledge on how a network is configured.
- Interest in analyzing network logs, attacks, IDS/IPS log analysis, network configs of firewalls, Palo Alto, Cisco , Juniper, OKTA, DUO, Azure AD, Graylog, SPlunk, SIEM
- Basis of AAA and identity management
- Threat hunting interests and hands on IT experience or exposure on fundamentals.
Please reference this Candidate Privacy Notice to inform you of the categories of personal information that we collect from individuals who inquire about and/or apply to work for Toyota Research Institute, Inc. or its subsidiaries, including Toyota A.I. Ventures GP, L.P., and the purposes for which we use such personal information.
TRI provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.