Triplebyte is a hiring marketplace used by companies like Apple, Dropbox and Stripe to hire the best technical talent. We've built a credentials blind process for evaluating technical skill and use this to help companies hire great people from any background. At a recent CTO summit, senior engineering executives and leaders from over 160 companies including Apple, Google and Slack said:
"Triplebyte has garnered a following. It's a service that helps candidates take coding quizzes that qualify them to connect with a number of jobs. As an employer, there's an advantage, because you only have to pay per hire you actually make."
We just raised a $10 million Series A from great investors including Initialized Capital, Jessica Livingston, Paul Graham and Marissa Mayer. You can read about it here:
You can also read some case studies with a few of our partner companies like Instacart, Mixpanel and Gusto and also learn more about us on our press page.
We're an experienced team, the founders have each built and sold companies before. Ammon and Guillaume founded Socialcam (acquired by Autodesk for $60 million) and Harj was the first partner hired at Y Combinator since its founding. You can read more about Triplebyte in the press here.
About The Role
2018 was our biggest year of growth and as we've scaled, small changes in our user interface and design can drive big changes to our business. We've built a lot of software and the three main areas you'd be focused on as a designer would be:
(1) The onboarding process for both candidates and companies. Candidates sign up and go through an online technical evaluation, which you'd be responsible for designing to be intuitive and straightforward. Companies create profiles that show the best parts of their culture and what's exciting about working there. You'd be responsible for making these profiles as compelling and informative as possible.
(2) The software candidates and companies use to connect with each other - this includes everything from a dashboard for candidates to view the status of their job search process, scheduling interfaces for companies to contact candidates and a company CRM for managing their Triplebyte candidate flow. All of this needs to tie together and make the experience for companies and candidates to connect with each other frictionless.
(3) Software we use to grow. This might include ads, educational content, videos, online tools and resources, etc.
If you have any work samples or a portfolio we could look at, please include in your application.
What You'll Do
- You will be responsible for a great user experience for both job seekers coming through the Triplebyte process and the great companies we work with.
- We're looking for someone who can really take ownership over design. Design means software that is both delightful and high performing.
- You'll be interested in talking to users and customers to understand how they're using the product and what needs to be improved.
- You'll work with engineers and a product manager to understand what exactly needs to be built and brainstorm solutions to problems.
- We don't care about specific years of professional work experience but we are looking for someone with demonstrated experience designing great products.
- Strong communication skills are essential. You'll be collaborating with multiple team members and soliciting user feedback. It's important you're able to clearly articulate your ideas, defend your positions and synthesize multiple points of view.
- The confidence and ability to work individually. You'll be one of two designers on the team, which comes with a lot of autonomy and ownership while also requiring you to be self directed.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary and stock options package
Open vacation policy
Employer paid health, vision and dental insurance
401(k) plan with matching
Pre-tax commuter benefits
Daily catered lunches
We believe strongly in building a truly meritocratic, unbiased process for finding great talent. Even the best technology companies today still use where people went to college as a proxy for intelligence and ability. We're building a process that looks only at ability, not credentials, so we can have a future where everyone can focus on just learning and being good at what they do, not how they look on paper.
Every aspect of running a company has been improved over the last decade, except hiring. Most decisions are still made using amorphous terms like "gut feel" or "culture fit". They should be made using crisp data. Only a company specializing on this problem, using data collected from the hiring process at hundreds of companies, can solve it. That's the company we're building. Our mission is creating a scientific method for identifying great talent and intelligently routing it to the best place. Starting with software engineers.