Principal/Lead Front End Engineer
San Jose, CA
Technology – Engineering
Our mission is to reinvent the debt collections space by delivering extraordinary consumer experiences that empower consumers to regain control of their financial health and help them to better manage their financial future. Debt collection has been broken for a long time. Every year, 77 million Americans experience the collections process, and they deserve a better approach - one that is more relevant, more digital, and less abrasive.
TrueAccord is a category-defining company. Come and join the revolution as we disrupt a multi-billion dollar industry that needs change.
Front end is the intersection of design, technology, and our end users.
Our Engineering Team: We are a small, highly-productive engineering team that appreciates clean and elegant solutions to large and messy real-world business problems. This is a phenomenal opportunity to join an engineering team of a successful fast-growing start-up that is transforming the industry, while developing your software engineering skills.
Development Culture: While small, this team moves fast and iterates. We do bi-weekly sprints and write high-quality tested code. We put a lot of emphasis on code elegance, cleanliness, and robustness.
Feel free to share your Stack-Overflow, GitHub, blog, or any relevant projects that you've worked on. Apply now, to make a huge impact in a growing organization!
- Architect and build our next generation web rendering stack, optimized for speed and mobile consumption.
- Maintain our existing set of Angular single-page applications, modifying them as needed per the needs of the Product and our Clients.
- Implement entirely new tools and applications using a modern technology stack. (TBD)
- Write unit, integration, and End-to-End tests (we currently utilize Karma/Jasmine for unit test, and ScalaTest’s WebDriver API for E2E).
- Improve the performance of our entire Client experience.
A successful candidate will have:
- Strong leadership skills (mentoring, leading)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with angular/react/or other front end frameworks
- Experience with node js
- Experience with BDD
- Experience building front end development frameworks
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of test driven development processes
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of front end build pipelines
- Mobile first web development experience
- Experience with experimentation and A/B testing
- Experience managing teams is a plus
- 75% hands on, 25% leadership
Benefits & Perks:
- Work with talented and motivated people in a fast paced mission driven environment
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k (with match), flex spending plan, and life insurance
- Family friendly policies - parental leave, flexible work from home
- Unlimited PTO
- Transportation benefits
- Team lunches and weekly happy hour
What TrueAccord offers you + Culture & Benefits
TrueAccord is headquartered in San Francisco’s Soma (South of Market) district. We offer a healthy work environment that continuously builds an inclusive & diverse culture where everyone is able to develop the best version of themselves. We are a dynamic group of people who are subject matter experts with a passion for change (and a strong Giphy game).
In addition, we offer catered meals, ergonomic desks, and a dog friendly office! We believe in flexible work schedules that promotes work/life harmony and increased productivity. Happy hours are held for all our teams to come together, have fun and learn about one another. Our leadership team hosts a company-wide Q&A breakfast session where we all discuss ideas on how to improve our current practices—from new office snacks to productivity tips.
Our teams are crafting solutions to big problems every day. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do impactful work, join TrueAccord and make a difference.
Our Dedication to Diversity & Inclusion
TrueAccord is an equal opportunity employer. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse & inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this make us stronger every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.