Senior Software Engineer, Python Platform
San Francisco, CA
Technology – Data
Our mission is to reinvent the debt collections space by delivering extraordinary consumer experiences that empower consumers to regain control of their financial health and help them to better manage their financial future. Debt collection has been broken for a long time. Every year, 77 million Americans experience the collections process, and they deserve a better approach - one that is more relevant, more digital, and less abrasive.
TrueAccord is a category-defining company. Come and join the revolution as we disrupt a multi-billion dollar industry that needs change.
TrueAccord is looking for python engineers to join our Data team.
You will join a multi-functional team of data scientists, data engineers and python developers dedicated to creating a data driven culture, improving the efficiency and dependability of the way we make decisions, and developing our automated debt collection strategy. In this role, you will work closely with Data Scientists to understand the data science development process and take architectural owner take ownership of HeartBeat - our python based decision engine.
We’re looking for strong computer science fundamentals and an enthusiasm for system architecture, data and supporting others. You should be passionate about leading conversations on system architecture, implementing clean code, and determined to have a huge impact at TrueAccord.
- Own and maintain Heartbeat as a platform- TrueAccord's patent pending decision engine at the "heart" of its debt collection process
- Lead discussion and development of our reactive decision making architecture as we enter the hyper growth phase
- Partner with data science and product to understand the experimentation lifecycle and help design the underlying infrastructure for experiment development
- Assist our data scientists in developing production quality models and model pipelines
- 3-5+ years work experience | BA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field | Equivalent training
- Excellent Python skills with dedication to writing clean understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability
- Ability to lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions, as well as implement day-to-day changes
- Zeal for building high throughput, real-time analytics systems
- Project management and communication skills with experience working alongside cross-departmental partners
- Desire to work in San Francisco.
You might also have:
- Proficiency with statistical or data management Python libraries (scikit-learn, statsmodels etc. - huge plus if experience with Pandas)
- Familiarity with machine learning or predictive modeling and related development technologies (Tensorflow, Spark, Jupyter etc.)
- Interest in helping onboard new team members, mentoring, and teaching others
- Knowledge of functional Scala
- FinTech background
Benefits and Perks:
- Work with talented and motivated people in a fast paced mission driven environment.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k (with match), flex spending plan, and life insurance.
- Family friendly policies - parental leave, flexible work from home
- Unlimited PTO.
- Transportation benefits.
- Team lunches and weekly happy hour.
What TrueAccord offers you + Culture & Benefits
TrueAccord is headquartered in San Francisco’s Soma (South of Market) district. We offer a healthy work environment that continuously builds an inclusive & diverse culture where everyone is able to develop the best version of themselves. We are a dynamic group of people who are subject matter experts with a passion for change (and a strong Giphy game).
In addition, we offer catered meals, ergonomic desks, and a dog friendly office! We believe in flexible work schedules that promotes work/life harmony and increased productivity. Happy hours are held for all our teams to come together, have fun and learn about one another. Our leadership team hosts a company-wide Q&A breakfast session where we all discuss ideas on how to improve our current practices—from new office snacks to productivity tips.
Our teams are crafting solutions to big problems every day. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do impactful work, join TrueAccord and make a difference.
Our Dedication to Diversity & Inclusion
TrueAccord is an equal opportunity employer. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse & inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this make us stronger every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.