Senior Product Manager - Payments and Finance
Remote, USA /
Product – Operations Control and Data /
TrueAccord is a category-defining company. We combine machine learning with a human-based approach to transform debt resolution and to get people on the path towards financial health. Every year, more than 70 million Americans have negative experiences dealing with debt. We are changing this by providing a personalized digital experience that guides lenders and consumers through this challenging financial process.
With a world-class leadership team, passionate team members, and proprietary predictive models trained on years worth of transactional data, TrueAccord is well-positioned to deliver on a huge opportunity: helping millions of consumers to regain and keep their financial footing while lowering the cost of doing business for creditors across many industries.
TrueAccord is at a key inflection point. We have built a successful growth-stage company that is re-defining how to help consumers get out of debt. We provide consumers with convenient options to pay off their debts online, offering flexible payment plans to map to their individual situation, and helping them stay informed and on track. We are growing at a prodigious rate, approaching tens of millions of transactions per week. To support and accelerate this growth we are rebuilding our payments platform, automating financial team operations, and enhancing how we track financial transactions in our system.
As the Sr. Product Manager for Payments and Finance, you’ll drive the roadmap for redesigning our payments infrastructure and automating finance operations. You will work closely with engineering to deliver a robust, reliable, and auditable payments platform that enables a great experience for our consumers and meets the needs of our clients and our finance and compliance teams. You’ll be responsible for helping to guide and shape the evolution of the payments ecosystem across our B2B and B2C products, partnering with our payment providers, and understanding the needs of our key business stakeholders.
- Drive product requirements and define the roadmap for our payments platform and for automation of finance and reconciliation processes in our core business
- Translate customer and internal-user needs into clear, well-defined functional and technical requirements backed by data analysis and a deep understanding of the payments landscape
- Partner with our Data Analytics team to develop reporting solutions for our revenue and costs
- Own delivery of product initiatives from end to end, collaborating with engineering, finance, legal, client success, and design.
- Identify dependencies and partner with other product managers to ensure the success of your end-to-end initiatives
- Manage technical relationships with payment partners
- Monitor industry trends, competitive landscape, and regulatory changes
- Evaluate and guide payments strategies across our various business lines
Qualifications and Experience:
- Extensive experience building APIs and products with complex payment systems
- Technical background and ability to evaluate the technological strengths and weakness of third party solutions
- Experience working with processors/payment gateways; deep understanding of the value chain in payments and familiarity with high-risk payment solutions
- Experience building payments systems in regulated industries
- Effective collaboration and communication with the ability to influence and inspire various cross-functional stakeholders, including finance, legal, and client success
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: great listener with the ability to concisely synthesize complex technical issues
- Demonstrated excellence in making informed judgments, and setting priorities in ambiguous situations
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
Benefits, Perks, and Culture
- Everything you need to work remotely
- Work with talented and motivated people in a fast-paced mission-driven environment
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k (with match), flex spending plan, and life insurance
- Family-friendly policies - parental leave, flexible work from home
- Unlimited PTO
- Transportation benefits
We offer a healthy work environment that continuously builds an inclusive and diverse culture where everyone is able to develop the best version of themselves. We are a dynamic group of people who are subject matter experts with a passion for change. Our teams are crafting solutions to big problems every day. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do impactful work, join TrueAccord and make a difference.
Our Dedication to Diversity & Inclusion
TrueAccord is an equal opportunity employer. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse & inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this makes us stronger every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.