Technical Program Manager
Remote, USA /
Technology – Technical Program Management /
TrueAccord is a category-defining company. We combine machine learning with a human-based approach to transform debt resolution and to get people on the path towards financial health. Every year, more than 70 million Americans have negative experiences dealing with debt. We are changing this by providing a personalized digital experience that guides lenders and consumers through this challenging financial process.
With a world-class leadership team, passionate team members, and proprietary predictive models trained on years worth of transactional data, TrueAccord is well-positioned to deliver on a huge opportunity: helping millions of consumers to regain and keep their financial footing while lowering the cost of doing business for creditors across many industries.
Engineering at TrueAccord
TrueAccord is growing at a prodigious rate. Our systems are reaching challenges of scale as we approach tens of millions of transactions per week. In response to the onboarding of large clients and new features, some systems are actively evolving while others are being rebuilt from scratch.
We work with a mix of languages and technologies, including Scala, Java, Go and Python across our stack. We believe in using the right tool for the job and value simple solutions over beautiful ones.
TrueAccord is growing at a prodigious rate. We are encountering challenges of scale as our system approaches tens of millions of transactions per week. Our product is scaling rapidly with new large clients and new features. In this position, you will be responsible for helping manage projects that drive the direction of the technology team. We welcome you to be a part of a highly collaborative and competent team where everyone is responsible for a piece of TrueAccord’s success.
We are a small, highly-productive engineering team that appreciates clean and elegant solutions to large and messy real-world business problems. This is a great opportunity to join an engineering team of a successful fast-growing start-up that is transforming the industry, while expanding your project management and analysis skills.
TrueAccord is seeking a proactive TPM to manage client and internal projects from concept to launch. We are looking for someone with a background in managing all phases and types of programs and projects, with a proven ability to collaborate with cross-functional agile teams to deliver complex projects. The ideal candidate is an excellent facilitator, with an entrepreneurial spirit, and a passion for product & project management.
We release frequently through high-quality tested code. We practice continuous deployment and put a lot of emphasis on code elegance, cleanliness, and robustness.
- Monitor and triage inbound requests to the Scalability and DevOps Engineering teams
- Lead backlog grooming, sprint planning, stand-ups, retros, and demos, etc.
- Support the delivery of new features to improve the Client Servicing and Engagement Teams’ adoption of Twilio and Zendesk
- Resolve day-to-day technical roadblocks
- Drive progress across multiple technical projects and communicate status and risks to all stakeholders
- Anticipate project risks and issues, escalate to appropriate stakeholders where required
- Leverage product and program management processes to produce scope, requirements, designs, stories, schedules, and project plans. Ensure all work is represented in Jira with proper sizing and estimates, descriptions, dependencies, acceptance criteria, with consistent standards
- Facilitate meetings with Engineering, Product, Data Science, and other stakeholders to capture project requirements, action items, and next steps
- Coordinate and align product and program objectives to key results (OKR)
- Support the discovery phase to identify platform scalability opportunities and capture new requirements for platform capabilities, tooling, and documentation
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
- 5 years of technical program management experience
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and agile best practices including Scrum, Kanban, DevOps, and CI/CD.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with user story mapping, writing clear acceptance criteria, release planning, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team player, energetic personality, quality minded, focused, committed, able to work independently in a fast paced, changing environment
- Awareness of QA processes like test planning and execution; automation testing; integration and acceptance testing; etc.
- Scrum Master Certification or Agile PMI-ACP or PMP Certification preferred.
- Prior experience working with teams adopting microservices based solutions is a plus
- Experience working in a dot-com startup or a technical web product company is a plus
Benefits, Perks, and Culture
- Everything you need to work remotely
- Work with talented and motivated people in a fast-paced mission-driven environment
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k (with match), flex spending plan, and life insurance
- Family-friendly policies - parental leave, flexible work from home
- Unlimited PTO
- Transportation benefits
We offer a healthy work environment that continuously builds an inclusive and diverse culture where everyone is able to develop the best version of themselves. We are a dynamic group of people who are subject matter experts with a passion for change. Our teams are crafting solutions to big problems every day. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do impactful work, join TrueAccord and make a difference.
Our Dedication to Diversity & Inclusion
TrueAccord is an equal opportunity employer. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse & inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this makes us stronger every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.