Software Engineer, Python Platform
San Francisco, CA
Technology – Data
Our mission is to reinvent the debt collections space by delivering extraordinary consumer experiences that empower consumers to regain control of their financial health and help them to better manage their financial future. Debt collection has been broken for a long time. Every year, 77 million Americans experience the collections process, and they deserve a better approach - one that is more relevant, more digital, and less abrasive.
TrueAccord is a category-defining company. Come and join the revolution as we disrupt a multi-billion dollar industry that needs change.
TrueAccord is looking for python engineers to join our Data team.
You will join a multi-functional team of data scientists, data engineers and python developers dedicated to creating a data driven culture, improving the efficiency and dependability of the way we make decisions, and developing our automated debt collection strategy. In this role, you will work with data scientists and backend engineers to develop and maintain our HeartBeat decision engine and experimentation infrastructure.
We’re looking for a strong self starter who enjoys working things out for themselves and excited to help scale and stabilize systems integral to the success of TrueAccord’s mission. You should be passionate about system architecture, data, and determined to have a huge impact at TrueAccord!
- Own and maintain HeartBeat - TrueAccord’s patent pending decision engine at the “heart” of it’s debt collection process
- Partner with data science and product to implement clean experiments and improve the underlying experimentation infrastructure
- Assist our data scientists in developing production quality models and model pipelines
- Strengthen efforts to scale our reactive decision making engine as we enter the hyper growth phase.
- 0-2+ years work experience | BA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field | Equivalent training
- Excellent Python skills - knowledge of statistical python libraries
- Interest in improving or building project management skills and communication with cross-departmental partners
- Zeal for building high throughput, real-time analytics systems
- Experience with SQL
- Desire to work in San Francisco
You might also have:
- Proficiency with statistical or data management Python libraries (scikit-learn, statsmodels etc. - huge plus if experience with Pandas)
- Experience working with cross-departmental partners and non-technical communication
- Familiarity with machine learning or predictive modeling
- Interest in functional Scala
- Knowledge of protocol buffers
- FinTech background
Benefits and Perks
- Work with talented and motivated people in a fast paced mission driven environment.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k (with match), flex spending plan, and life insurance.
- Family friendly policies - parental leave, flexible work from home
- Unlimited PTO
- Transportation benefits
- Team lunches and weekly happy hour
What TrueAccord offers you + Culture & Benefits
TrueAccord is headquartered in San Francisco’s Soma (South of Market) district. We offer a healthy work environment that continuously builds an inclusive & diverse culture where everyone is able to develop the best version of themselves. We are a dynamic group of people who are subject matter experts with a passion for change (and a strong Giphy game).
In addition, we offer catered meals, ergonomic desks, and a dog friendly office! We believe in flexible work schedules that promotes work/life harmony and increased productivity. Happy hours are held for all our teams to come together, have fun and learn about one another. Our leadership team hosts a company-wide Q&A breakfast session where we all discuss ideas on how to improve our current practices—from new office snacks to productivity tips.
Our teams are crafting solutions to big problems every day. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do impactful work, join TrueAccord and make a difference.
Our Dedication to Diversity & Inclusion
TrueAccord is an equal opportunity employer. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse & inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this make us stronger every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.