Software Engineer, Python Platform
San Francisco, CA
Technology – Data
Debt collection is failing consumers. Every year, 77 Million Americans have negative experiences with the collections process, and they deserve a better approach - one that is more relevant, more digital, and less abrasive. That’s why banks, lenders, and industry leaders are coming to TrueAccord for innovative solutions recovering outstanding receivables.
TrueAccord is a category-defining company. We combine machine learning with a human based approach to assist both clients and consumers through a challenging financial process. With a world-class leadership team, passionate and driven team members, and a diverse and growing client base, TrueAccord is well positioned for continued success. Come join our team and disrupt a multi-billion dollar industry thats been waiting for change.
TrueAccord is looking for python engineers to join our Data team.
You will join a multi-functional team of data scientists, data engineers and python developers dedicated to creating a data driven culture, improving the efficiency and dependability of the way we make decisions, and developing our automated debt collection strategy. In this role, you will work with data scientists and backend engineers to develop and maintain our HeartBeat decision engine and experimentation infrastructure.
We’re looking for a strong self starter who enjoys working things out for themselves and excited to help scale and stabilize systems integral to the success of TrueAccord’s mission. You should be passionate about system architecture, data, and determined to have a huge impact at TrueAccord!
- Own and maintain HeartBeat - TrueAccord’s patent pending decision engine at the “heart” of it’s debt collection process
- Partner with data science and product to implement clean experiments and improve the underlying experimentation infrastructure
- Assist our data scientists in developing production quality models and model pipelines
- Strengthen efforts to scale our reactive decision making engine as we enter the hyper growth phase.
- 0-2+ years work experience | BA in Computer Science, Engineering or related field | Equivalent training
- Excellent Python skills - knowledge of statistical python libraries
- Interest in improving or building project management skills and communication with cross-departmental partners
- Zeal for building high throughput, real-time analytics systems
- Experience with SQL
- Desire to work in San Francisco
You might also have:
- Proficiency with statistical or data management Python libraries (scikit-learn, statsmodels etc. - huge plus if experience with Pandas)
- Experience working with cross-departmental partners and non-technical communication
- Familiarity with machine learning or predictive modeling
- Interest in functional Scala
- Knowledge of protocol buffers
- FinTech background
Benefits and Perks
- Work with talented and motivated people in a fast paced mission driven environment.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k (with match), flex spending plan, and life insurance.
- Family friendly policies - parental leave, flexible work from home
- Unlimited PTO
- Transportation benefits
- Team lunches and weekly happy hour
What TrueAccord offers you + Culture & Benefits
TrueAccord is headquartered in San Francisco and opening a new center of excellence in Lenexa, KS. We offer a healthy work environment that continuously builds an inclusive and diverse culture where everyone is able to develop the best version of themselves. We are a dynamic group of people who are subject matter experts with a passion for change.
*** Generous paid time off
*** Paid training
*** We promote work/life harmony
*** Paid holidays
*** Health, dental and vision benefits
*** 401K with matching
Our teams are crafting solutions to big problems every day. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do impactful work, join TrueAccord and make a difference.
Our Dedication to Diversity & Inclusion
TrueAccord is an equal opportunity employer. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse & inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this make us stronger every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.