San Francisco, CA
Technology – Data
Debt collection is failing consumers. Every year, 77 Million Americans have negative experiences with the collections process, and they deserve a better approach - one that is more relevant, more digital, and less abrasive. That’s why banks, lenders, and industry leaders are coming to TrueAccord for innovative solutions recovering outstanding receivables.
TrueAccord is a category-defining company. We combine machine learning with a human based approach to assist both clients and consumers through a challenging financial process. With a world-class leadership team, passionate and driven team members, and a diverse and growing client base, TrueAccord is well positioned for continued success. Come join our team and disrupt a multi-billion dollar industry thats been waiting for change.
TrueAccord is looking for Data Scientists to join our Data team.
You will join a multi-functional team of data scientists, data engineers and python developers dedicated to creating a data driven culture, improving the efficiency and dependability of the way we make decisions, and developing our automated debt collection strategy. As a data scientist on this team you will develop algorithms that enhance the collections process for our consumers and lead automation initiatives in the company. You will work closely with product and operations team partners to identify and prioritize machine learning projects destined to have the highest impact on external and internal customer experience.
We’re looking for someone with an excellent grasp on core machine learning techniques and a product focused mindset. You should be passionate about using data to create positive customer experiences, a strong self-starter, and determined to have a huge impact at TrueAccord.
- Collaborate with product domain experts to design and apply machine learning techniques to the improve customer experience, reduce operating costs, and improve our business position
- Design, implement, and deploy machine learning algorithms at scale
- Drive data driven development across the company by educating and coaching other teams in data science best practices and experimentation methodology
- Work with data and python engineering team members to document the model development lifecycle and design model development infrastructure
- 2-5+ years relevant experience | Advanced degree | Completed graduate level coursework in statistics-related fields, experimental design, or quantitative social sciences | Equivalent training
- Demonstrated skill in developing machine learning solutions to business problems in a cross functional team and implementing from conception to business impact.
- Proven understanding of modern machine learning techniques, such as regression, classification, recommendation systems, optimization, deep learning etc.
- Solid programming skills (Python preferred)
- Desire to work in San Francisco
You might also have:
- Zeal for data driven product development and data evangelism
- Working knowledge of Big Data technologies: AWS, Spark etc.
- Strong cross-functional communication skills (with technical and non-technical partners)
- Experience building model development pipelines, productionizing models or are familiar with Machine Learning technologies (ex. Tensorflow)
- Solid understanding of experiment design: control vs variations, factorial experiment design, multivariate experiments, etc.
- Experience with natural language processing techniques
- FinTech background
Benefits & Perks:
- Work with talented and motivated people in a fast paced mission driven environment
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k (with match), flex spending plan, and life insurance
- Family friendly policies - parental leave, flexible work from home Unlimited PTO
- Transportation benefits
- Team lunches and weekly happy hour
What TrueAccord offers you + Culture & Benefits
TrueAccord is headquartered in San Francisco and opening a new center of excellence in Lenexa, KS. We offer a healthy work environment that continuously builds an inclusive and diverse culture where everyone is able to develop the best version of themselves. We are a dynamic group of people who are subject matter experts with a passion for change.
*** Generous paid time off
*** Paid training
*** We promote work/life harmony
*** Paid holidays
*** Health, dental and vision benefits
*** 401K with matching
Our teams are crafting solutions to big problems every day. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do impactful work, join TrueAccord and make a difference.
Our Dedication to Diversity & Inclusion
TrueAccord is an equal opportunity employer. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse & inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this make us stronger every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.