Senior Software Engineer, API
Remote, USA /
Technology – Engineering, Backend /
TrueAccord is a category-defining company. We combine machine learning with a human-based approach to transform debt resolution and to get people on the path towards financial health. Every year, more than 70 million Americans have negative experiences dealing with debt. We are changing this by providing a personalized digital experience that guides lenders and consumers through this challenging financial process.
With a world-class leadership team, passionate team members, and proprietary predictive models trained on years worth of transactional data, TrueAccord is well-positioned to deliver on a huge opportunity: helping millions of consumers to regain and keep their financial footing while lowering the cost of doing business for creditors across many industries.
TrueAccord is growing at a prodigious rate. We are encountering challenges of scale as our system approaches tens of millions of transactions per week. Our product is expanding rapidly with new large clients and new features.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for helping to shape and guide the direction of our technology ecosystem as well as take on large implementations yourself. You will be part of a highly collaborative and competent team where everyone owns a piece of TrueAccord’s success. We are looking for a candidate with a strong OO background and a proven track record of making productive development decisions. We highly value code quality and maintainability, and we fully embrace continuous deployment.
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- A significant amount of relevant software engineering experience in one of the languages we use Scala, Go, or Python
- Experience with developing REST or GraphQL APIs
- Functional programming experience
- The confidence to work with a high level of autonomy
- The ability to lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions
- An intuition on what makes great software, and the ability to explain it
You Might Also Have:
- Proven experience in architecting and designing modern highly scalable systems
- Experience with Infrastructure and cloud services like AWS, Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with large-scale data streaming platforms like Kafka
- Experience with large scale microservices projects
- Experience mentoring and educating those around you
Learn more about our values, mission, and our hiring process here!
Benefits, Perks, and Culture
- Everything you need to work remotely
- Work with talented and motivated people in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k (with match), flex spending plan, and life insurance
- Family-friendly policies - parental leave, flexible work from home
- Unlimited PTO
- Transportation benefits
- Paid time off to do volunteer work in your community!
We are a dynamic group of people who are subject matter experts with a passion for change. Our teams are crafting solutions to big problems every day. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do impactful work, join TrueAccord and make a difference.
Our Dedication to Diversity & Inclusion
TrueAccord is an equal opportunity employer. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse & inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this makes us stronger every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.