San Francisco, CA
Analytics – Analytics
Debt collection is failing consumers. Every year, 77 million Americans have negative experiences with the collections process, and they deserve a better approach - one that is more relevant, more digital, and less abrasive. That’s why banks, lenders, and industry leaders are coming to TrueAccord for innovative solutions recovering outstanding receivables.
TrueAccord is a category-defining company. We combine machine learning with a human based approach to assist both clients and consumers through a challenging financial process. With a world-class leadership team, passionate and driven team members, and a diverse and growing client base, TrueAccord is well positioned for continued success. Come join our team and disrupt a multi-billion dollar industry that's been waiting for change.
TrueAccord’s Analytics team is responsible for driving our business forward with data. The Data Analyst will join a team of highly motivated people who take the TrueAccord mission seriously and are determined to succeed. The core objective of this role is the development and delivery of analyses to cultivate TrueAccord’s strategies and maximize client performance.
As a Data Analyst, you will take an active role in highly complex/sensitive projects, using data and behavioral analytics to intimately understand the debtor population and what levers will affect cohort performance. You will conduct deep explorations into our data to identify trends, produce insights, and build predictive capabilities. You will gather key insights around our product, operations, and performance, and will deliver these to stakeholders to enable informed decision making. This is an exciting, high-profile role that has significant impact on TrueAccord and is integral to the company's success.
- Use applied and behavioral analytics to analyze performance trends and optimize strategy execution.
- Conduct root cause analyses to identify and understand key performance drivers.
- Produce accountability for business outcomes through KPI creation and monitoring.
- Develop forecast models to predict key production drivers and future performance, ensuring accuracy of longer-term strategy views.
- Create metrics to track and improve operational efficiency and productivity.
- Establish quantitative relationships between production levels and performance to enable opportunity sizing and scenario planning.
- Deliver ad-hoc analytical support or reporting using a variety of concepts, practices, and data sources.
- Routinely interact with key stakeholders to present performance information or findings from any assigned analyses.
- Manage large amounts of data to develop solutions.
- Ensure data integrity through the development and use of system controls.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience using quantitative data analysis to solve problems and drive performance is required
- BS/MS degree in an analytical discipline: finance, statistics, physics, applied mathematics, computer science, information systems, engineering, etc.
- Ability to build complex models, perform deep analyses, and turn raw data into useful information
- A deep understanding of statistical analysis, modeling, experiment design, and common pitfalls of data analysis
- Fluency in SQL
- Ability to drill into root causes and answer not only “Why” but also “So What”
- Ability to present complex information and deliver insights to business partners clearly and concisely
- Attention to detail and accuracy, while maintaining a solid awareness of the big picture, are extremely important
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively, both in a team environment and across operational groups
- Must be able to work effectively with little direct supervision and in the face of ambiguity, shifting priorities, and multiple deadlines
Nice to Have:
- Experience in Financial Services industry--with bonus points coming from relevant experience in the debt collections space
- Experience with scenario planning (i.e., “What if” analyses), including the successful use of assumptions in place of key data points
- Ability to use data-driven insights to influence process improvements.
- Competency with data visualization or business intelligence tools such as Looker, Tableau, or Power BI.
- Familiarity with a statistical language such as R or Python.
What TrueAccord offers you + Culture & Benefits
TrueAccord is headquartered in San Francisco and has a newly opened a location of excellence in Lenexa, KS. We offer a healthy work environment that continuously builds an inclusive and diverse culture where everyone is able to develop the best version of themselves. We are a dynamic group of people who are subject matter experts with a passion for change.
*** Generous paid time off
*** Paid training
*** We promote work/life harmony
*** Paid holidays
*** Health, dental and vision benefits
*** 401K with matching
Our teams are crafting solutions to big problems every day. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do impactful work, join TrueAccord and make a difference.
Our Dedication to Diversity & Inclusion
TrueAccord is an equal opportunity employer. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse & inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this makes us stronger every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.