Customer Service Representative
San Francisco, CA
Customer Engagement – Customer Engagement
Our mission is to reinvent the debt collections space by delivering extraordinary consumer experiences that empower consumers to regain control of their financial health and help them to better manage their financial future. Debt collection has been broken for a long time. Every year, 77 million Americans experience the collections process, and they deserve a better approach - one that is more relevant, more digital, and less abrasive.
TrueAccord is a category-defining company. Come and join the revolution as we disrupt a multi-billion dollar industry that needs change.
We are looking for a highly motivated Customer Engagement Specialist to join our growing FinTech startup. Our Customer Support Team plays a key role in the success of the business; ensuring that our customers receive the best possible experience in accordance with our mission statement. In this role, the ideal candidate will work closely with all TrueAccord teams to improve our platform by defining internal processes and providing valuable feedback on product performance. Come join a fast growing startup with lots of opportunity for growth!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to interact with customers in a clear and concise manner, primarily by phone and email.
- Able to work well under pressure and can handle difficult situations with a calm and empathetic approach, as well as meet daily and weekly goals.
- Self-motivated and resourceful: you are a problem solver with a can-do attitude.
- Must be able to prioritize work and manage time effectively; you thrive in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment.
- Keen interest in human behavior and the underlying factors that inform the decision-making process.
- Empathy; attentive to the needs and concerns of our customers while striving to provide the best possible experience to our users.
- A strong understanding and appreciation of TrueAccord’s mission statement.
Bonus Points (Optional)
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Prior experience in customer service.
- Familiarity with debt collection related legislation (FDCPA, TCPA, FCRA, etc.).
Benefits and Perks
- Gain experience in a FinTech startup, located in South of Market
- Partner with industry leaders in finance and technology.
- Weekly team lunches and happy hour
- Team building activities and social events.
What TrueAccord offers you + Culture & Benefits
TrueAccord is headquartered in San Francisco’s Soma (South of Market) district. We offer a healthy work environment that continuously builds an inclusive & diverse culture where everyone is able to develop the best version of themselves. We are a dynamic group of people who are subject matter experts with a passion for change (and a strong Giphy game).
In addition, we offer catered meals, ergonomic desks, and a dog friendly office! We believe in flexible work schedules that promotes work/life harmony and increased productivity. Happy hours are held for all our teams to come together, have fun and learn about one another. Our leadership team hosts a company-wide Q&A breakfast session where we all discuss ideas on how to improve our current practices—from new office snacks to productivity tips.
Our teams are crafting solutions to big problems every day. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do impactful work, join TrueAccord and make a difference.
Our Dedication to Diversity & Inclusion
TrueAccord is an equal opportunity employer. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse & inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this make us stronger every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.