Customer Service Representative - Collections - Kansas City
Kansas City, KS
Customer Engagement – Account Services
Debt collection is failing consumers. Every year, 77 Million Americans have negative experiences with the collections process, and they deserve a better approach - one that is more relevant, more digital, and less abrasive. That’s why banks, lenders, and industry leaders are coming to TrueAccord for innovative solutions recovering outstanding receivables.
TrueAccord is a category-defining company. We combine machine learning with a human based approach to assist both clients and consumers through a challenging financial process. With a world-class leadership team, passionate and driven team members, and a diverse and growing client base, TrueAccord is well positioned for continued success. Come join our team and disrupt a multi-billion dollar industry that’s been waiting for change.
We are looking for a highly motivated Customer Engagement Specialist to join our growing FinTech startup. Our Customer Support Team plays a key role in the success of the business; ensuring that our customers receive the best possible experience in accordance with our mission statement. In this role, the ideal candidate will work closely with all TrueAccord teams to improve our platform by defining internal processes and providing valuable feedback on product performance. Come join a fast growing startup with lots of opportunity for growth!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to interact with customers in a clear and concise manner, primarily by phone and email.
- Able to work well under pressure and can handle difficult situations with a calm and empathetic approach, as well as meet daily and weekly goals.
- Self-motivated and resourceful: you are a problem solver with a can-do attitude.
- Must be able to prioritize work and manage time effectively; you thrive in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment.
- Keen interest in human behavior and the underlying factors that inform the decision-making process.
- Empathy; attentive to the needs and concerns of our customers while striving to provide the best possible experience to our users.
- A strong understanding and appreciation of TrueAccord’s mission statement.
Bonus Points (Optional)
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Prior experience in customer service.
- Familiarity with debt collection related legislation (FDCPA, TCPA, FCRA, etc.).
Benefits and Perks
- Gain experience in a FinTech startup, located in Kansas City.
- Partner with industry leaders in finance and technology.
What TrueAccord offers you + Culture & Benefits
TrueAccord is headquartered in San Francisco and opening a new office in Kansas City, MO. We offer a healthy work environment that continuously builds an inclusive & diverse culture where everyone is able to develop the best version of themselves. We are a dynamic group of people who are subject matter experts with a passion for change (and a strong Giphy game).
We promote work/life harmony and increased productivity. Company events are held for all our teams to come together, have fun and learn about one another.
Our teams are crafting solutions to big problems every day. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do impactful work, join TrueAccord and make a difference.
Our Dedication to Diversity & Inclusion
TrueAccord is an equal opportunity employer. We promote, value, and thrive with a diverse & inclusive team. Different perspectives contribute to better solutions and this make us stronger every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.