Market Surveillance Analyst - Asian Business Hours
New York, New York
trueEX – Regulatory and Compliance
trueEX,is an electronic CFTC regulated swaps exchange located in New York and is seeking a Market Surveillance Analyst to conduct real-time and post-trade market surveillance for disruptive trading practices and rule violations on both the DCM and SEF. Market Surveillance Analyst will be required to work the shift for Asian business hours (starting at 9:30 pm NY time).
- First to review inquiries from traders regarding trading errors or system malfunctions and rejected trades to determine the appropriate course of action.
- Conduct real-time and post-trade market and trade practice surveillance to address alerts and identify and investigate any rule violations by market participants.
- Analyze and address alerts using the SMARTs system
- Perform ongoing audit trail reviews
- Conduct financial surveillance of participants and clearing firms
- Develop and enforce policies, procedures and processes of the surveillance program
- Assist other Compliance / Regulatory team members (updating rule book, drafting policies and procedures) and other projects as assigned
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Good understanding of derivatives trading (preferably swaps and futures), including knowledge of hedging and other trading strategies
- Able to work independently and with other staff across functional lines, market participants, and representatives of other exchanges, SROs and regulatory agencies
- Identify external market activity, news and additional factors that influence the price of relevant contracts
- Current knowledge and awareness of the CFTC core principles and regulations (including Dodd-Frank initiatives) regarding surveillance and trade practice functions of DCMs and SEFs preferred.
- Experience in a surveillance position within a financial services firm, an exchange or regulatory agency preferred.
- Knowledgeable of exchange/self-regulatory organization compliance preferred.
- Excellent written communication skills
- College degree