Lead Product Manager
SF, Denver, New York City /
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven fintech company that provides quality financial services for people whose needs go unmet by traditional institutions. It is an honor to wake up in the morning knowing that we have a profound impact on our customers’ lives, whether it’s our True Link Prepaid Visa Card saving a retiree from losing thousands of dollars to scams or our True Link investment advisory platform helping a young woman with a disability plan for her future while protecting her medical benefits.
We’re looking for a stellar, hands-on product leader to lead our investment platform and products. You’ll dive in to launch and scale complex, customer-driven financial services products.
We want someone who’s particularly inspired to bring product management expertise to our mission-driven company. The motivating spirit of our product and engineering teams is our social impact, and the lead product manager can wake up each morning knowing that they’re working in service of others. By building great products and services to transform the quality of life for 10M+ people in need, we’re building a new, modern financial institution that can approach TIAA and USAA in scale (each of which has >$30B in annual revenue).
What You'll Do
- Lead product development for a key pillar of True Link’s business
- Build a world-class investment platform, including key money-moving and recordkeeping functions — trading, statement generation, fees, customer support, and more - that maintain the ledger of underlying securities holdings, cash flows, and performance underpinning hundreds of thousands of investment accounts
- Build on True Link’s platform to develop new cross-functional products, whose consumer focus and incredibly robust back-end enable it to meet the needs of millions of people with disabilities across the country
- Collaborate with both our customers and internal partners (including investment management, compliance, finance, engineering, and legal) to understand their needs and make strategic decisions to best serve them; be the leading expert on our customers and lead a culture of customer-centricity on your team
Who You Are
- 6-8+ years of product management experience at leading high-growth technology companies
- Experience in financial services or financial technology
- Inspired more by execution, managing for excellence, and customer impact than by coming up with big ideas or tracking the latest trends in venture capital
- Aware of what excellence looks like in all aspects of product management - from understanding customer needs and goals, to requirements gathering and edge-case documentation, to working with engineers, to quality assurance, to internal and customer communication
- Able to generate deep and specific customer insight
- Fanatical about using evidence to guide strategic decision-making
- Motivated by a challenge and by creating the biggest impact possible from available resources
- Skilled at developing product roadmaps and building alignment on prioritization
- Focused on analyzing available metrics but also constantly questioning if we should be looking at different ones
- Able to make decisions quickly and rigorously
- Comfortable with a high-stakes, fast-paced environment – healthcare, payment processing, military, etc. – where events evolve in real-time and errors aren’t okay
- Adept at managing open and productive lines of communication with all stakeholders
- Obsessive over quality and able to design systems to catch errors before they happen
- Aware of (and motivated by) the challenge of building products in a highly regulated environment
- Able to move seamlessly between big-picture business strategy and nitty-gritty details about data and edge cases, and excited to take ownership of both
Why You'll Love Us
- We’ve got the energy and passion of a startup combined with the professionalism of a financial services firm and the compassion of a mission-driven organization that truly cares about the people we serve.
- We’re just getting started! With fifty million Americans in our addressable market, we are growing quickly into a large financial services company that will be developing new products you will help us shape and take to market.
- We offer competitive wages, Health, Dental & Vision coverage, and an awesome vacation package.
- Our customers are not only grateful for our services but are the absolute best. We have the privilege of providing financial protection for vulnerable members of society and partnering with expert service providers to do so. Our customers and partners love us, and we love them back. You can sleep soundly every night knowing you are doing a really wonderful thing by getting our services into more hands.
- We treat one another like we treat our customers: with 100% respect and dignity. Diversity and inclusion are cultural values we take very seriously, and we welcome team members of all backgrounds and identities.
- Our offices are dog friendly and filled with snacks, catered lunch, and a group of friendly, caring people. We’re happy to still be enjoying laughs with colleagues and appearances of furry friends over Zoom for now.
- With offices across the country, we welcome applicants who want to join our existing and future offices (in SF, Denver, Phoenix, NYC, and Kingston, NY) when it’s safe to work alongside each other again (and remote until then).
- Want to work remote longer-term? We also have years of experience collaborating with our many team members who prefer to work from home, and welcome applicants from anywhere in the United States.
If you are a high-performing person who wants to join a diverse, inclusive team and use your skills to make a real impact in people’s lives, we invite you to apply to join our team.