People Operations Intern
San Francisco /
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven fintech company that provides quality financial solutions for people whose needs go unmet by traditional institutions. We serve people with complex needs and those who care for them, and it is an honor to wake up in the morning knowing that we have a profound impact on our customers’ lives.
If you’re a detail-oriented, San Francisco-based college student who wants to dive right in at a mission-driven, growing startup for at least a year (and ideally longer), this is an opportunity for you to have a real impact on our team members and company culture. You’ll be part of our People Operations team, managing our company mail process and working on interesting virtual and in-person projects with team members across the company.
What You'll Do
- Manage all company mail by picking it up 1-2 times a week from our downtown SF PO Box location, sorting it, scanning it to digital format as needed, and distributing it to team members via FedEx periodically (using your preferred mode of transit - we’ll reimburse you for public transportation, mileage, parking, etc)
- Support team member onboarding by ordering, preparing, and shipping company materials, laptops, and other technology for current and new team members
- Grow company culture by supporting our virtual team-building program through vendor research and management, ordering materials to members as needed, celebrating birthdays by ordering treats for delivery, and preparing and ordering work anniversary gifts
- Help with other people operations projects as assigned, including research and communications, and periodic in-office support in downtown SF
Who You Are
- Interested in a long-term, part-time internship in San Francisco - or the broader Bay Area (and it’s great if you have another year or two of undergrad before graduation, and want to work with us that whole time!)
- Comfortable traveling around San Francisco independently to go to post offices and similar businesses
- Detail-oriented self-starter who can anticipate needs and propose/execute solutions
- Strong communication skills, especially professional email writing, with the ability to interface with team members at all levels
- Experienced and comfortable with managing multiple tasks and projects independently with minimal supervision
- A strong work ethic: “No task is too big or small”
- A quick learner who is hungry to take on new challenges
- A professional, flexible, and approachable demeanor
- Proficiency with Google Suite and comfort with learning new technology
- Able to enthusiastically work within constantly changing priorities
Why You'll Love Us
- We’ve got the energy and passion of a startup combined with the professionalism of a financial services firm and the compassion of a mission-driven organization that truly cares about each other and the people we serve.
- We’re just getting started! With fifty million Americans in our addressable market, we are growing quickly into a large financial services company that will be developing new products you will help us shape and take to market.
- Our customers are not only grateful for our services but are the absolute best. We have the privilege of providing financial protection for vulnerable members of society and partnering with expert service providers to do so. Our customers and partners love us, and we love them back. You can sleep soundly every night knowing you are doing a really wonderful thing by getting our services into more hands.
- We treat one another like we treat our customers: with respect and dignity. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are cultural values we take very seriously, and we welcome and recruit team members of all backgrounds and identities.
- We like to have fun together! The majority of us work from home from all across the US, and we enjoy connecting virtually for laughs with teammates, and appearances of kiddos and furry friends over Zoom.
If you are a high-performing person who wants to join a diverse, inclusive team and use your skills to make a real impact in people’s lives, we invite you to apply to join our team.