Head of Product
Remote - in US /
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven fintech company that provides quality financial solutions for people whose needs go unmet by traditional institutions. We serve people with complex needs and those who care for them, and it is an honor to wake up in the morning knowing that we have a profound impact on our customers’ lives.
We are looking for a Head of Product who will lead our small but mighty product organization at True Link. You’ll love this role if you’re passionate about our mission and delighted by the fact that each new improvement to our products is helping those who are often overlooked by big financial institutions.
Because our customers depend on our products for their immediate (today’s groceries) and long-term (lifetime investments) financial needs, our team works to meet high standards of usability, security, and availability. Also, we’re growing our customer base every day with a high-performing, lean, committed team, and we need you to help support that growth while making sure we don’t sacrifice on quality. If this excites you, we want you to apply.
What You'll Do
- Work with our True Link team all over the country, from marketing to sales to design to business operations to customer support to engineering and everyone in between.
- Mix of individual-contributor work, management, and cross-functional leadership with peers in engineering, design, and within business units
- Oversee the product life cycle for all existing and any new features or products, with an eye toward continuing to grow our customer base.
- Start with customer needs, engaging in research with our design lead and others to gather customer insights.
- Ensure you constantly communicate, prioritize, and reprioritize to make sure we’re building the right things in the right sequence, and shipping high-quality features on time.
- Build full-stack FinTech products from a modern digital customer-centric user experience to the depths of payment rails, investment models, and insurance contracts.
Who You Are
- Experienced in financial technology with muscle memory around common problems and approaches within the space
- Inspired more by execution, managing for excellence, and customer impact than by coming up with big ideas or tracking the latest trends in venture capital
- Aware of what excellence looks like in all aspects of product management - from understanding customer needs and goals, to requirements gathering and edge-case documentation, to compliance in regulated environments, to working with engineers, to quality assurance, to internal and customer communication
- Able to generate deep and specific customer insight, and fanatical about using evidence to guide strategic decision-making
- Motivated by a challenge and by creating the biggest impact possible from available resources
- Skilled at developing product roadmaps and building consensus on prioritization; adept at managing open and productive lines of communication with all stakeholders, and known for exceptional communication and project management skills
- Focused on analyzing available metrics but also constantly questioning if we should be looking at different ones
- Able to make decisions quickly and rigorously, and to move seamlessly between nitty-gritty details about data and edge cases to big-picture business strategy - and excited to take ownership for both
- Comfortable with (and motivated by) a high-stakes, fast-paced, regulated environment where events evolve in real time and errors aren’t okay; obsessive about quality and able to design systems to catch errors before they happen
- Not an empire builder – prouder of getting something done at the top of a team of four than by getting it done at the top of a team of forty
Why You'll Love Us
- We’ve got the energy and passion of a high-growth startup combined with the professionalism of a financial services firm and the compassion of a mission-driven organization that truly cares about each other and the people we serve.
- We’re just getting started! With fifty million Americans in our addressable market, we are growing quickly into a large financial services company that will be developing new products you will help us shape and take to market.
- We offer competitive wages, Health, Dental & Vision coverage, your very own professional development budget, and an awesome vacation package.
- Our customers are not only grateful for our services but are the absolute best. We have the privilege of providing financial protection for vulnerable members of society and partnering with expert service providers to do so. Our customers and partners love us, and we love them back. You can sleep soundly every night knowing you are doing a really wonderful thing by getting our services into more hands.
- We treat one another like we treat our customers: with respect and dignity. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are cultural values we take seriously, and we welcome and recruit team members of all backgrounds and identities.
- We like to have fun together! The majority of us work from home from all across the US, and we enjoy connecting virtually for laughs with teammates, and appearances of kiddos and furry friends over Zoom. For those of us who work in our offices, they are dog-friendly spots, filled with snacks, catered lunch, and a group of friendly, caring people. And we love our in-person team get-togethers around the country.
If you are a high-performing person who wants to join a diverse, inclusive team and use your skills to make a real impact in people’s lives, we invite you to apply to join our team.