Senior Software Engineer
Remote - in US /
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven fintech company that provides quality financial services for people whose needs go unmet by traditional institutions. We serve people with complex needs and those who care for them, and it is an honor to wake up in the morning knowing that we have a profound impact on our customers’ lives.
In this role, you’ll use your software development skills to make this thoughtful fintech work happen! While you’ll spend most of your time hands-on coding in our Rails/React stack, you’ll also be taking the time to understand the architecture, mentor and learn from those around you to create sustainable software.
Our engineering team carefully balances the needs of speedily pushing out new features while supporting an ever-growing portfolio of existing features. We take pride in lending our technical skills toward a social good mission we care about. If this sounds like your kind of environment, please apply.
What You'll Do
- Independently and reliably deliver code in our Rails/React environment
- Support and be supported by your teammates
- Act as a kind educator and learn from teammates across different experience levels in Rails
- Be known for your boring, no-surprises software delivery
- Apply new patterns set by technical leads around testing, accessibility, security, and maintainability
- Incrementally address technical debt without losing focus on feature delivery
- Guide the team through a mix of modeling better practices, active mentoring, and teaching
Who You Are
- Experienced webapp developer familiar with Rails
- Proactive problem solver who enjoys deeply understanding business needs
- Equally comfortable working independently or closely with (remote-first) teammates
- Experience with a modern frontend framework (React, Angular, or Vue)
- Experience in high-compliance environments (ex: PCI, ISO 27001, HIPAA, SOX)
- Enjoy working cross-functionally in a remote-first, agile-style environment
- Curious about the needs of your users, teammates, and organization
- Skilled at delivering and receiving feedback with teammates
- Truly care about diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Comfortable collaborating with product managers and designers to better understand business needs
- Comfortable existing in and seeking direction in an environment of ambiguity and change
- Experience in fintech
- Experience with fiduciary or advisory services
- Experience with learning customer needs in B2B environments
- Experienced teacher or mentor
- Experience with React, ES6, yarn, webpack
- Works from Central Time
Bonus nice to have:
Why You'll Love Us
- We’ve got the energy and passion of a startup combined with the professionalism of a financial services firm and the compassion of a mission-driven organization that truly cares about our employees and the people we serve.
- We’re just getting started! With fifty million Americans in our addressable market, we are growing quickly into a large company that will be developing new products you will help us shape and take to market.
- We offer competitive wages, Health, Dental & Vision coverage, and an awesome vacation package.
- Our customers are not only grateful for our services but are the absolute best. We have the privilege of providing financial protection for vulnerable members of society and partnering with expert service providers to do so. Our customers and partners love us, and we love them back. You can sleep soundly every night knowing you are doing a really wonderful thing by getting our services into more hands.
- We treat one another like we treat our customers: with respect and dignity. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are cultural values we take very seriously, and we welcome and recruit team members of all backgrounds and identities. We don’t replicate the unfairness of the outside world inside True Link.
- Our offices are dog friendly and filled with snacks, catered lunch, and a group of friendly, caring people. We’re happy to still be enjoying laughs with colleagues and appearances of furry friends over Zoom for now.
- We have years of experience collaborating with our many team members who prefer to work from home, and welcome applicants from anywhere in the United States.
- Want to work in an office? Great! We welcome applicants who want to join our existing and future offices (in SF, Denver, Columbus, OH, NYC, and Kingston, NY) when it’s safe to work alongside each other again (and remote until then).
If you are a high-performing person who wants to join a diverse, inclusive team and use your skills to make a real impact in people’s lives, we invite you to apply to join our team.