Data Analyst, Finance (Remote)
San Francisco Bay Area /
Accounting & Finance – Finance /
At Truepill, we are building the future of healthcare. Through our digital health platform, we empower our partners to deliver world-class patient experiences. With nearly five million prescriptions shipped, we’ve been included on Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startup” list and are proud to work with many of the world’s largest healthcare organizations. We never settle for how it’s done today. We invent how it will be done tomorrow.
None of this is possible without the right team driving us forward. We are committed to creating an environment focused on racial and gender equality, inclusion, empowerment and respect. We believe that when our teams feel supported and inspired, they turn that creativity into innovation. The type of innovation that benefits all of our people, our partners and our patients.
We encourage our team members to expand their horizons and bring their passion and curiosity to work, every day. Come join us. Let’s build something great together.
As a Financial Data Analyst, you will be responsible for leveraging your analytical skills and practice proactive leadership to build a data-driven Finance function at Truepill. You will partner cross-functionally across teams to build reliable datasets for use across the company, identify actionable insights and KPIs, and build executive-facing dashboards and reports. You will own reporting, model-building, forecasts, ad-hoc analyses, and communication relevant to your data deliverables and business stakeholders. You will work as part of a new, data-focused sub-function of the Finance Department, which currently includes a Data Engineer and a Senior Finance Data Analyst. This role will report to a manager of Finance Data Analytics.
The ideal candidate possesses a strong foundation of data analysis skills, is eager to understand the weeds of our complex business environment, and will demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit in expanding the capabilities of our new team.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Perform analyses to uncover and build an understanding of key business and financial problems. You may be identifying drivers to revenue or gross margin performance, performing detailed variance analysis using transaction data, forecasting demand intelligently, or using predictive models to manage customer LTV.
- Develop and maintain compelling dashboards and data-storytelling tools using tools such as Tableau and Looker.
- Develop and deliver new reporting capabilities, including ad-hoc requests.
- Scrub, validate, and develop databases or master data in cloud platforms such as Google BigQuery or Snowflake.
- Work with others to define and implement processes and procedures
- Evangelize and enable external teams to take advantage of self-service data tools possibly including Looker, Tableau, and SQL.
- Foster our data-driven decision-making culture by managing stakeholders, embedding in external teams, leading meetings, and presenting to executive audiences.
What You'll Need:
- Demonstrated ability to thrive with ambiguity in fasted-paced, scrappy, and matrixed work environments, someone successful in this role will be proactive in engaging stakeholders, can learn quickly, and requires minimal hand-holding. You’re the kind of person who Googles problems and tries out solutions before asking for direction.
- 2+ years of professional experience in delivering insights . All fields of study may thrive in this role, but bonus points for coursework in data analysis, statistics, programming, and management.
- Generalist in data capabilities. Must show mastery of SQL (querying and developing views from messy tables), Python (scripting, managing basic data pipelines), Data Visualization/Business Intelligence, and advanced Google Sheets/Excel capabilities. Bonus skills: forecasting, statistical analysis, and predictive modeling.
- Experience in or exposure to High-Growth Startups, Corporate Finance, Management Consulting, FP&A, Strategic Finance, Business Operations & Strategy is strongly valued.
- Experience with or interest in healthcare, especially in Pharmacy, Diagnostics, or Telehealth, strongly preferred.
Truepill is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics