VP of Engineering - Core Infrastructure (Remote)
San Francisco Bay Area /
Engineering – Core Infrastructure /
At Truepill, we are transforming consumer healthcare. Through our digital health platform, we empower our partners to deliver world-class healthcare experiences. With over 10 million prescriptions shipped and a valuation of $1.6 billion, we are proud to work with many of the world’s largest healthcare organizations. We never settle for how it’s done today. We invent how it will be done tomorrow.
None of this is possible without the right team driving us forward. We are committed to creating an environment focused on racial and gender equality, inclusion, empowerment and respect. We believe that when our teams feel supported and inspired, they turn that creativity into innovation. The type of innovation that benefits all of our people, our partners, and consumers.
We encourage our team members to expand their horizons and bring their passion and curiosity to work, every day. Come join us. Let’s build something great together.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Build an exceptional team of engineers and leaders by hiring and coaching with the huge impact of delivering the core Truepill experience
- Empower the team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, quality, and simplicity
- Drive projects and initiatives across the entire engineering organization
- Work with the team to design and architect new systems, products, and features
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, design, support, and operations
- Shape engineering culture, standards, and processes
What You'll Need:
- You have 15+ years of experience in software engineering at top-tier software companies as senior leader managing software teams of 100+ engineers
- You have experience with API driven Core Infrastructure products, public cloud computing infrastructure, scaling, and security implications
- You still look forward to hands-on technical opportunities (reviewing code, software architecture)
- You have a track record of building and leading successful engineering teams, including mentoring other engineering managers
- Experience recruiting extraordinary people from different backgrounds
- You have an eye for great products and can work effectively with engineers, product managers, and designers to build them
- You care for designing systems and building things correctly from day one, without cutting corners
- You have pride in working on projects to drive them to completion, involving a wide variety of technologies, systems, and cross-functional partners
- You hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Thrive in a collaborative environment, filled with a diverse group of people with different expertise and backgrounds
Truepill is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.