Accuracy Checking Technician / ACT
Manchester, ENG /
At Truepill, we are building the future of healthcare. Through our digital health platform, we empower our partners to deliver world-class patient experiences. With nearly five million prescriptions shipped, we’ve been included on Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startup” list and are proud to work with many of the world’s largest healthcare organizations. We never settle for how it’s done today. We invent how it will be done tomorrow.
None of this is possible without the right team driving us forward. We are committed to creating an environment focused on racial and gender equality, inclusion, empowerment and respect. We believe that when our teams feel supported and inspired, they turn that creativity into innovation. The type of innovation that benefits all of our people, our partners and our patients.
We encourage our team members to expand their horizons and bring their passion and curiosity to work, every day. Come join us. Let’s build something great together.
As an Accuracy Testing Technician, you become a core member of our central pharmacy team, helping ensure our customers and patients get the best possible service at all times.
Day to Day
As part of the role, we require you to:
* To carry out final checking of dispensed items according to the accuracy checking Standard Operating Procedures and provide assistance to pharmacy personnel when necessary.
* To supervise and perform duties associated with the control and management of pharmacy systems and prescription dispensing.
* To maintain and analyse a record/portfolio of errors detected in preparation for re-accreditation every two years.
* To select and label pharmaceutical products in accordance with a prescription by following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and complying with all legal requirements as appropriate when not providing accuracy checking.
* To ensure the safe and correct transfer of dispensed items to patients.
* To identify medicine-related problems or queries and bring these to the attention of the pharmacist.
* To answer queries on the supply and availability of medicines, where it is within their competence.
* To accurately maintain Patient Medication Records (PMR) to ensure patient safety and in accordance with data protection requirements.
* To receive stock in accordance with SOPs.
* To ensure the safe and appropriate storage of medicines.
* To assist with stock control and the maintenance of reasonable stock levels within the dispensary.
You must be a fully qualified ACT / Accuracy Checking Technician registered with the GPhC and be able to provide a membership number upon request.
You must also have an NVQ3 in Pharmacy Services or Accredited equivalent qualification.
You’ll have at least one year of experience as an Accuracy Checking Technician
In return, you will receive a competitive salary with long-term career opportunities as we scale.
You’ll get to work in a unique and modern working environment, that is fun, relaxed, and different from that you would expect of any high street pharmacy. There’s FREE snacks, FREE parking and you’ll bee able to enjoy your weekend work-free as we only work Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
Salary & Benefits
Free on-site parking
Company Pension Scheme
Life Insurance Scheme
Annual registration fees paid for
Truepill is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.