Sr. Account Executive
Redwood City, CA
TrueVault is an off-premise, secure data store that enterprises rely on to make their products immediately secure. TrueVault is engineered to store mission critical and highly sensitive data from verticals like healthcare, aviation, banking and the Internet of Things. Within the decade, every object on the planet will be connected to the internet and generating data. Our team is ambitiously working on a secure database for the future. Join our entrepreneurial team if this interests you.
As a Sr. Account Executive on our founding sales team, you will be able to shape and craft TrueVault’s sales strategy, execution and most importantly, play a critical role in building a successful sales team from the ground up. You may have already been a member on several successful sales teams. But did you build any of them from the ground up? Can you point to them as your legacy? If not, join TrueVault.
TrueVault is ready for a sales team. You will not sit on your thumbs waiting for a product to mature. Quite the opposite. TrueVault was generating revenue before a single line of code was ever written. For the first two years, all sales were the result of inbound leads resulting from good word of mouth. We did not have a sales team until several weeks ago and our first AE closed $85K in ARR in just a few weeks. In a high impact position on a small and very passionate sales team, you will be the foundation for TrueVault’s success in 2016.
- You have shown strings of successful tours of duty as a sales professional
- Your average deal size is between $150K and $350K a year
- You have worked with the above deal size for at least 3 years
- You are analytical. Our message is still evolving, so you’ll need to constantly iterate and improve our messages and process. You should view this as a challenge rather than a drag. Be honest with yourself; if you see not having a proven sales playbook as a negative, you will not excel and will probably be extremely frustrated at TrueVault
- You do not need to have experience in data security or health care. However, experiences in SaaS is a plus
- Competitive salary and generous equity packages
- World Class Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Open vacation policy
- Flexible work hours
- Personal wellness budget to spend on gym membership, fitness classes, spa, etc.
- Commuter benefits
- Fully stocked kitchen and daily meals delivered (including Philz Coffee!)
- Generous equipment budget and customized workstation
- Quarterly offsites at cities like Santa Monica, Austin, Denver and Portland
What is TrueVault?
TrueVault is an off-premise, secure data store that enterprises rely on to make their products immediately secure. TrueVault is engineered to store mission critical and highly sensitive data from verticals like healthcare, aviation, banking and the Internet of Things. TrueVault is designed to take data from mobile health apps, wearable devices, and even genomic research so that our customers don’t need to spend their precious time worrying about security, performance, and scalability. More than just a database as a service, TrueVault’s proprietary technology allows us to secure our customers' data better than anyone else can (hint: think encryption and global scale slice distribution).
Our mission is to provide the simplest, most secure way for apps and devices to store sensitive data. Simple and secure storage of people’s most personal and private information is a huge challenge. That's why we are looking for incredible people (like you perhaps?) to join us.
Who is TrueVault?
TrueVault is a Y Combinator graduated startup based in Silicon Valley. We have an incredible group of investors including Paul Buchheit, Mark Pincus, and Bill Tai who have invested more than $3 million dollars because they deeply believe in our mission. We are a group of engineers passionate about data security, API performance, and building products that developers like us love to use. We are looking for a handful of engineering MacGyvers to join our founding team.
Why join TrueVault?
At TrueVault, you will have the opportunity to work in arguably the biggest market opportunity of this coming decade, improve the collection, portability, and security of really critical data, and push the envelop of data portability forward. You’ll work on things that haven't been done before. Plus you’ll get to choose what you want to work on and develop products that your peers will rely on and love using.
If you want to work at a place that values "getting things done" more than "working the startup hours," talk to us. If you take pride in what you do and care about the people who use the product, you’ll find people just like you here. If you want to open source and share what you’ve built with the world, at TrueVault you can. But most importantly, if you want to work with other incredible minds and welcome the challenges of doing things that’ve never been done, then we want you to join us. If you are passionate about security, performance, and scalability, TrueVault might be just what you’re looking for.