Business Development Representative
Redwood City, CA
TrueVault is an off-premise, secure data store that enterprises rely on to make their products immediately secure. TrueVault is engineered to store mission critical and highly sensitive data from verticals like healthcare, aviation, banking and the Internet of Things. Within the decade, every object on the planet will be connected to the internet and generating data. Our team is ambitiously working on a secure database for the future. Join our entrepreneurial team if this interests you.
We’re looking for TrueVault’s first Business Development Representative. But, this is unlike any other BDR job out there. You will work alongside our CEO to explore opportunities in various market segments, fine tune our sales pitch and create a repeatable sales process. Our goal is to hire a BDR to help us build a sales process. Once we have the process you'll help hire, onboard, and manage new hires. As the team grows so will your responsibility.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be part of something big and transformative while gaining substantial enterprise SaaS sales experience. TrueVault is an organization that fosters professional development and advancement opportunities. You will have mentorship, a strong network of successful executives and the ability to autonomously own your career path. You will learn how to strategically select and target specific market segments and learn how to iteratively design practices that scale. All while honing in on your sales tactics with support from our executive team.
If you are naturally curious, a strong communicator, a quick learner and ready to dive head first into a fast-paced startup environment, TrueVault is the place for you to launch your career in sales.
- At least 6 months as an BDR at a SaaS company
- Analytical in thinking and approach. You are always A/B testing and refining your pitch and process.
- Proven track record of 40 outbound calls per day
- Not afraid of failure, rejection and hungry to make things happen
- Followed through with leads to ensure progression through the sales pipeline
- Developed targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive new business opportunities
- Detail oriented and organized in tracking all lead activity and opportunities through SFDC
- Compelling and persuasive in your communications
- Comfortable speaking with individuals at all levels of an organization including C-level executives
- Conduct strategic outbound prospecting to find qualified leads
- Answer inbound sales emails and calls as they come in
- Conduct needs qualification calls with prospects
- Document your successes and failures
- Work internally with the Executive Team to design sales strategies that scale
- Competitive salary and generous equity packages
- World Class Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Open vacation policy
- Flexible work hours
- Personal wellness budget to spend on gym membership, fitness classes, spa, etc.
- Commuter benefits
- Fully stocked kitchen and daily meals delivered (including Philz Coffee!)
- Generous equipment budget and customized workstation
- Quarterly offsites at cities like Santa Monica, Austin, Denver and Portland
What is TrueVault?
TrueVault is an off-premise, secure data store that enterprises rely on to make their products immediately secure. TrueVault is engineered to store mission critical and highly sensitive data from verticals like healthcare, aviation, banking and the Internet of Things. TrueVault is designed to take data from mobile health apps, wearable devices, and even genomic research so that our customers don’t need to spend their precious time worrying about security, performance, and scalability. More than just a database as a service, TrueVault’s proprietary technology allows us to secure our customers' data better than anyone else can (hint: think encryption and global scale slice distribution).
Our mission is to provide the simplest, most secure way for apps and devices to store sensitive data. Simple and secure storage of people’s most personal and private information is a huge challenge. That's why we are looking for incredible people (like you perhaps?) to join us.
Who is TrueVault?
TrueVault is a Y Combinator graduated startup based in Silicon Valley. We have an incredible group of investors including Paul Buchheit, Mark Pincus, and Bill Tai who have invested more than $3 million dollars because they deeply believe in our mission. We are a group of engineers passionate about data security, API performance, and building products that developers like us love to use. We are looking for a handful of engineering MacGyvers to join our founding team.
Why join TrueVault?
At TrueVault, you will have the opportunity to work in arguably the biggest market opportunity of this coming decade, improve the collection, portability, and security of really critical data, and push the envelop of data portability forward. You’ll work on things that haven't been done before. Plus you’ll get to choose what you want to work on and develop products that your peers will rely on and love using.
If you want to work at a place that values "getting things done" more than "working the startup hours," talk to us. If you take pride in what you do and care about the people who use the product, you’ll find people just like you here. If you want to open source and share what you’ve built with the world, at TrueVault you can. But most importantly, if you want to work with other incredible minds and welcome the challenges of doing things that’ve never been done, then we want you to join us. If you are passionate about security, performance, and scalability, TrueVault might be just what you’re looking for.