Senior Software Engineer (Remote or SF)
San Francisco or Remote
Engineering Team – Engineering
Truly is a five year-old, rapidly growing, and profitable startup on a mission to help revenue organizations learn from every conversation. We do this by delivering an industry-leading voice platform for sales teams to track, analyze, and coach on their customer conversations.
We're looking to add a Senior Software Engineer to the team to design and implement new features and systems, assess and fix production incidents and bugs and put in place systems to prevent them. As a senior member of the team, you'll be a technical resource for other members of the engineering tea and mentor junior engineers.
Some things that make us different:
- We know and love building products that create big companies.
- We’re not your typical CRUD app. Our software runs across many different platforms (web/chrome/iOS/Android) and connects to a core communications infrastructure that we’ve built from scratch.
- We love our customers. Whether it’s building resources, going on-site or staying up late with them on launch day, we go above and beyond to make them successful.
What you'll need to be successful in the role:
- 7+ years work experience as a software engineer
- Experience building highly-available backend services
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Desire to work on a small team that collaborates on technical and product ideas
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Experience working on the JVM
- Experience with containers (Docker)
What you can learn here if you don't already have experience:
- Experience working in Clojure.
- Experience with telephony (Asterisk, Kamailio, SIP, RTP)
- Experience with AWS (RDS, SQS, S3, Elasticache, ECS, Cloudformation, etc)
- DevOps experience
Our Values guide who we hire, help us tackle tough problems, and shape how we build our product. The more closely you already identify with our Values and what they mean in action at Truly, the more likely you will thrive at Truly. You can read more about the interview process and our company Values here.
We have an office in San Francisco, but most of us work remotely from all over the US. Check out a (totally unprompted!) blog post by one of our engineers about his experience working remotely at Truly.