Front end Engineer (Remote or SF)
San Francisco or Remote
Engineering Team – Engineering
Truly is a five year-old, rapidly growing, and profitable startup that helps revenue organizations learn from every conversation. We do this by delivering an industry-leading voice platform for sales teams to track, analyze, and coach on their customer conversations.
We're looking to add a frontend developer to the team who has worked on large teams and has experience owning or working with the entire front end architecture including creating and managing asset pipelines, choosing appropriate technologies and libraries, and fully implementing features.
Some things that make us different:
- A team of founders - Most of us have either been founders or ‘first engineer’ at startups that have gone places. We know and love building products that create big companies.
- Engineers who love product - We take part in the entire product lifecycle from brainstorming to design and implementation.
- We’re not your typical CRUD app - Our software runs across many different platforms (web/chrome/iOS/Android) and connects to a core communications infrastructure that we’ve built from scratch on SIP/WEBRTC. You’ll interface with every technology/interface connected to each device to create an incredibly rich and resilient experience.
What you'll do:
- Develop new features using HTML, React, SCSS and Electron
- Own the product development lifecycle- defining functionality, technologies used, testing and release
- Optimize applications for maximum frontend performance (environments, screen sizes, etc)
- Collaborate with designers to devise usable and beautiful products
- Collaborate with backend engineers to devise usable APIs to be consumed on the frontend
- Work with QA to ensure features are properly tested
- Ensure constant improvement of both the website and chrome extension
What you'll need to be successful in the role:
- 3+ years experience developing front end applications. Our stack is mainly React + Redux + Typescript
- Experience with frontend build pipelines (webpack, babel, etc)
- Experience building applications that use RESTful APIs
- Basic knowledge of relational databases (MySQL, Postgres)
- Knowledge and strong instincts on UI/UX design including having a basic set of design principles you like to follow
- Works well in a team collaborating on ideas and products
Our Values guide who we hire, help us tackle tough problems, and shape how we build our product. The more closely you already identify with our Values and what they mean in action at Truly, the more likely you will thrive at Truly. You can read more about the interview process and our company Values here.
We have an office in San Francisco, but half of us work remotely from all over the US. Check out a (totally unprompted!) blog post by one of our engineers about his experience working remotely at Truly.