Senior/Staff Product Designer
San Francisco or Remote
Full Time /
At Trunk, our mission is to help teams create high-quality software quickly. Merge conflicts, poor code quality or consistency, flaky tests, and dozens of other distractions quickly drain the productivity and morale of those teams. Engineering teams that can stay focused on designing, implementing, and delivering software will build magical, high-quality projects - and they will be happier doing it. We're building the tools that empower teams to land code faster and develop happier.
We are building the foundation for a modern software engineering team. Our founders started this journey in 2021 and have designed, delivered, and scaled software at some of the world's largest and fastest-growing tech companies - Uber, Google, YouTube, and Microsoft. We're building a game-changing company, and we hope you are excited to be a part of that audacious goal.
Software has eaten the world; almost every company produces software in some form or fashion, so our addressable market is virtually every company on earth. We're going after every engineering team on the planet - we're starting with smaller teams, but there are literally hundreds of thousands of companies out there for us to empower and maybe only a handful (Google, Facebook, Amazon), that are outside our scope. We are building the DevEx platform to empower the world.
In 2022, we raised a $25M Series A led by Initialized Capital (Garry Tan) and a16z (Peter Levine), with investments from Haystack Ventures, Garage VC, Tom Preston Warner (Founder/CEO of GitHub), Geoff Schmidt (Founder/CEO Apollo GraphQL), Nicolas Dessaigne (Founder/CEO Algolia), and Oleg Rognysky (Founder/CEO Peopl.ai).
What you'll do 🧑💻
- Be one of the main drivers of the design direction of the company
- Collaborate with engineers and other partners throughout the product development process to ensure a high-quality product
- Be an owner of our internal design system
- Create wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs for features (Trunk uses Figma)
- Communicate with customers to understand motivations and desired outcomes
We're looking for 🔎
- 6+ years designing interactive applications and creating design systems
- Excellent visual, UI, and interaction skills
- B2B SaaS experience is a plus
- A passion for creating elegant solutions to complex UX, UI, and interaction challenges
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, striving for clear concise communication over lengthy prose
- Ability to think through complex and ambiguous interactions to create complete designs
- Familiarity with programming, an understanding of technical tools like git and VSCode
- A "Systems Mentality" approach to design, creating long-lived designs by contributing to and extending design systems.
What we offer 🎁
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive salary and equity
- Work-life balance
- Flexibility to be fully or partly remote
- Few meetings, so you can ship fast and focus on building
- One Medical membership on us!
- Top-notch medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance
- All insurance is 100% company-paid ($0 premiums) for employees and highly subsidized for dependants
- FSA, HSA with company contributions, and pre-tax commuter benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Paid parental leave ( up to 12 weeks)
$160,000 - $210,000 a year
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Trunk, we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, we're happy to help accommodate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.