Anywhere in the US
Truss is tackling tough technical problems for the private sector and government. We practice and advocate modern development practices to build software and streamline infrastructure.
Truss is a software consultancy known for pragmatism, autonomy, expertise, and trust. We build strong relationships with our clients, contractors and employees and we believe that this is fundamental to doing great work. As a Truss engineer you will facilitate bringing our values to our clients and help drive toward understanding what their end users truly need.
We are seeking driven, curious, and quick-learning engineers to join our team. We are looking for engineers leveled 2-5 as match our leveling guide, to handle the ambiguity we regularly face. A position with Truss will allow you to develop a rich skill-set working in an energetic yet balanced environment with a team of curious, helpful people.
Here's what we hope you'll bring:
- Great communication! Including thoughtful listening skills, the ability to express complex ideas clearly and succinctly, and the ability to communicate well in writing
- An adaptive, empathetic, collaborative and positive mindset
- The ability to think holistically about engineering issues, using engineering fundamentals and knowledge about architecture
- A thoughtful, process-oriented approach to development and engineering, such as debugging or object oriented design, DevOps practices, and agile software development
- Have held at least one engineering/infrastructure position post-education
- Familiarity with AWS and code deployment tools
- Initiative with a bias for action
- An aptitude for automated system design and implementation (automated deployments and/or automated testing)
In this position you will:
- Build production infrastructure to be reliable, secure, and performant
- Build and maintain infrastructure as code to automate the configuration, provisioning, deployment and monitoring of our core systems
- Collaborate with the government and other contractors to invent, implement, and deploy new systems and improvements to existing systems
- Architect new systems and changes to existing systems to support new functionality
- Maintain production systems and investigate issues when they occur
- Develop software that improves and automates infrastructure
- Make & drive technical decisions to completion
- Mentor others on the team and outside the team where appropriate
- Have an impact outside the infrastructure engineering team - be the face of automation in the organization and help to build and grow the team’s capabilities
If you have more experience than is reflected here, that’s great! We’ll be pleased to exercise your broader/deeper skill set. We value inclusion and welcome diverse viewpoints. You must be eligible to work in the US. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!