Content Strategist/UX Writer
Anywhere in the US
Truss is tackling tough technical and digital service problems for the private sector and government. We practice and advocate modern design and development practices to build user centered solutions and streamline infrastructure.
Truss is a software consultancy known for pragmatism, autonomy, expertise, and trust. We build strong relationships with our clients, contractors, and employees and we believe that this is fundamental to doing great work.
As a Truss content strategist you will facilitate bringing our values to our clients and help drive toward understanding what their end users truly need.
We are seeking people to have a significant impact on the services offered by the government to US citizens. A position with Truss will allow you to continuously enrich your skill-set working in an energetic yet balanced environment with a team of curious, helpful people.
We hope you will have:
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Experience planning, writing, and implementing user experience copy for digital products and services. This includes navigation labels, main copy, error and confirmation messages.
- Experience writing content style guides, product documentation/help, and participating in user research.
- Experience advocating for content design with stakeholders and project team members.
- Experience leading content efforts for cross-functional agile and human-centered design teams building complex digital projects.
- Pragmatic approach, focused on results
- Initiative with a bias for action
- Experience working with modern software development teams in agile environments
In this role you will:
- Participate in projects from a content point of view.
- Identify user content needs, develop strategy, and execute on content needs through stakeholder interviews, user research, content audits, gap analysis and other industry methods
- Consult with clients and teams new to the value of content strategy
- Create content such as application copy for complex applications, navigation labels, research findings
- Develop information architecture, taxonomies as needed for our larger digital service projects.
- Research and develop content style guides for application copy writing.
This is a new role and you will be one of the first member of Truss' growing research and design team. You will work with user experience designers, developers, and product owners. You will report to the director of design and help establish and document human centered design and content practices. We look forward to your application!