Senior SRE / DevOps Engineer
What is Trusted Health?
Trusted, Inc. is the leading digital labor marketplace and workforce management solution for the healthcare industry. We are headquartered in San Francisco but we’ve taken a digital-first approach to building our workforce and the majority of our team resides across the US and abroad.
Trusted was founded in 2017 with a focus on the largest profession in healthcare: nursing. Since then, we’ve taken a process dominated by recruiters and phone calls and converted it to a fully digital experience, connecting nurses directly to job opportunities and handling benefits, payroll, onboarding, and compliance. Our platform provides full employer of record services for employers in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
In 2020, we launched our proprietary staffing platform, Works. Works helps hospitals solve one of their biggest challenges: filling every shift in an environment where demand for healthcare services and labor costs are increasing exponentially. With Works, facilities can create their own on-demand nursing workforce and manage all the details from a single system. Using predictive insights and recommendations, Works helps hospitals react to fluctuations in demand, while its staffing marketplace creates competition to fill open job requisitions with high-quality, active talent.
Trusted has support from top institutional investors such as Craft Ventures, Felicis Ventures, StepStone Group, and Founder Collective, as well as healthcare innovators like Texas Medical Center, Mercy Health, Intermountain Ventures, Town Hall Ventures, and Healthbox. Most recently we closed a $149 million Series C round to fund our next stage of growth.
What we are looking for
Your mission is to design, implement, automate and support our production infrastructure, automate our engineering workflows and improve the daily experience of our engineers. You’ll work in a highly collaborative environment with fellow engineers to help continuously improve the engineering department’s effectiveness and ensure our production systems are resilient and scalable.
There is a tremendous amount of opportunity in front of us, and continuously improving our software ecosystem has a direct positive impact on our ability to support healthcare professionals and keep up with the awesome demand for Trusted's platform.
We use both AWS and Heroku for our infrastructure. CircleCI for our CI/CD pipeline, Terraform for our IaC, and Github for our code versioning. Direct experience in all these technologies / platforms is not required.
- Design, build, operate, and support highly available, fault tolerant, observable, performant, secure, and scalable platform tools, systems and infrastructure in a cloud based environment
- Setup and maintain new build and CI/CD tooling, IaC implementations and engineering productivity tooling
- Support Security and Compliance governance support in production environments
- Provide the first line of Engineering support for any issues related to product deployment, availability and internal operations
- Setup and maintain infrastructure & product reliability monitoring and alerting
- Collaborate with engineers to understand their build pipelines and tooling needs
- Use a data-driven approach to evaluating any new infrastructure that might need to be added, whether it’s off-the-shelf, built in-house or a mix
- Participate in an on-call rotation for after-hours production infrastructure incidents
Who you are
- Collaborative | You are passionate about our mission and excited for the work we do. You take pride in building software that doesn't just work, but is also delightful to use
- Proactive | You act without being told what to do and bring new ideas to the company. You want to join a modern software development team that iterates and ships code rapidly
- Works with honesty & integrity | You work to earn trust and maintain confidence of internal and external stakeholders. You do what is right, not just what is expedient
- Strategic thinker | You determine opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends. You are able to deal with complexity and change
- You like working in a company environment that values ownership and business impact from all departments
- 4+ years of experience in the fields of SRE, DevOps or production or cloud engineering
- 4+ years of experience working with modern cloud architecture and platforms (virtualization, networking, database, message queueing, etc)
- Experience in Infrastructure as code (IaC) and deployment automation with tools such as Terraform, CircleCI, CloudFormation, Jenkins, Ansible, or Chef (Terraform/CircleCI experience a definite plus)
- Experience with SRE best practices, working knowledge of observability principles is a big plus
- Proficient with one or more programming languages like Ruby, Python, Go, etc (Ruby experience is a plus)
- Believe in the importance of security, and enjoy the idea of partnering with engineering to ensure the integrity of our customers' data.
- Enjoy working as part of a remote-first, distributed team: smart, ethical, friendly, hard-working, and productive
- Understands how to engage other engineers as stakeholders
- Experience working with containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, etc)
- Experience in AWS specifically and related services such as EC2, S3, SQS, RDS, etc
- Experience with Heroku
- Stock options and competitive compensation package
- Paid vacation & sick time, paid family leave, and flexible work hours
- Employer-paid health insurance, vision, and dental
- Mindfulness and fitness reimbursement
- Monthly cellular phone reimbursement
- Employer-sponsored 401k
Trusted Health provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you cannot submit your application due to a disability, please email email@example.com; we will reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.