Employee Relations Partner
What is Trusted Health?
Trusted, Inc. is the leading digital labor marketplace and workforce management solution for the healthcare industry. We are headquartered in San Francisco but we’ve taken a digital-first approach to building our workforce and the majority of our team resides across the US and abroad.
Trusted was founded in 2017 with a focus on the largest profession in healthcare: nursing. Since then, we’ve taken a process dominated by recruiters and phone calls and converted it to a fully digital experience, connecting nurses directly to job opportunities and handling benefits, payroll, onboarding, and compliance. Our platform provides full employer of record services for employers in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
In 2020, we launched our proprietary staffing platform, Works. Works helps hospitals solve one of their biggest challenges: filling every shift in an environment where demand for healthcare services and labor costs are increasing exponentially. With Works, facilities can create their own on-demand nursing workforce and manage all the details from a single system. Using predictive insights and recommendations, Works helps hospitals react to fluctuations in demand, while its staffing marketplace creates competition to fill open job requisitions with high-quality, active talent.
Trusted has support from top institutional investors such as Craft Ventures, Felicis Ventures, StepStone Group, and Founder Collective, as well as healthcare innovators like Texas Medical Center, Mercy Health, Intermountain Ventures, Town Hall Ventures, and Healthbox. Most recently we closed a $149 million Series C round to fund our next stage of growth.
What we’re looking for
Reporting to the Director of HR - Extended Workforce, the Employee Relations Partner - Extended Workforce, plays a critical role in creating a positive work experience and ensuring the quality of the services Trusted delivers to its clients. In this role you will be responsible for supporting Trusted’s extended workforce of nurses and Allied health professionals by providing remediation guidance to Clinical Operations Managers, advocating for clinicians when they have workplace concerns, and investigating complex performance and compliance issues brought to Trusted by our clients.
We are looking for a seasoned Employee Relations Practitioner who has a thorough knowledge and understanding of all applicable employment laws and regulations, and extensive experience in the Employee Relations practice area, ideally in a healthcare setting. The successful candidate will have a proven track record conducting complex workplace investigations, establishing and improving policies and processes, collaborating and aligning with internal partners, and ensuring comprehensive reporting and quality outcomes.
- Conduct prompt and thorough investigations into sensitive employee relations issues associated with Trusted’s extended workforce consisting of Nurses and Allied Health Clinicians who have been placed on assignment by the company. This includes (but is not limited to): Conducting investigatory interviews, Collecting/reviewing relevant evidence, Collaborating with internal and external partners to gather information and form conclusions,Writing investigation reports, and Communicating outcomes to staff and related stakeholders.
- Make objective recommendations and take appropriate actions based on findings and applicable laws and/or policies.
- Ensure consistent application of Trusted’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations.
- Collaborate with Employee Relations leadership to refine the investigation model, from reporting to post-action, ensuring an equitable and transparent employee experience.
- Participate in team projects as needed.
Who you are
- Unwavering Integrity - You never cut corners ethically. You earn trust and maintain confidence in all situations. You would rather do what is right, than what is easy.
- Focused on People - You are passionate about helping others. You have an uncanny ability to build trust, credibility and relationships with employees, clients, peers and team members, providing honest and constructive feedback.
- Solutions Driven - You are able to analyze complex situations and develop effective solutions. You recognize challenging problems and act to resolve them quickly.
- Detail Oriented - You have the ability to communicate clearly and concisely through accurate documentation and reporting. You create and document detailed processes, holding others accountable to following them.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field (Master’s Degree preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years HR / Employee Relations Experience (8+ years preferred) Experience in a Healthcare setting is strongly preferred.
- SHRM (or equivalent) Certification Required (Workplace Investigations Specialty Credential preferred)
- Working knowledge of all relevant federal, state and local employment laws and regulations affecting contingent workforce management including but not limited to: FLSA, EEOC, ADA, ADEA, and OSHA (Additional working knowledge of Joint Commission and/or Board of Nursing standards preferred)
- Paid vacation & sick time, paid family leave, and flexible work hours
- Employer-paid health insurance, vision, and dental
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Mindfulness and fitness reimbursement
- Monthly cell phone reimbursement
- Employer-sponsored 401k
$86,000 - $126,000 a year
Trusted reasonably anticipates the salary range for this role to be $86,000-$126,000 annually, plus equity. The final compensation for this position will vary based on geographic location and candidate experience relative to what Trusted reasonably anticipates for this position. We are committed to transparency, and any compensation questions will be addressed early in our recruitment process.
Trusted Health provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you cannot submit your application due to a disability, please email email@example.com; we will reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.