Software Engineer - Full-Stack (Remote)
San Francisco, California /
What is Trusted Health?
Trusted is a technology platform that connects healthcare professionals with flexible job opportunities at caregiving facilities across the country. Founded in 2017, Trusted has grown rapidly in pursuit of its mission to help people everywhere get care. In just a few short years, Trusted has become one of the fastest growing companies in the history of the healthcare staffing industry and was recognized as one of Forbes’ “Next Billion Dollar Companies.” Hundreds of thousands of clinicians have already signed up for Trusted’s platform, connecting with & working at healthcare facilities in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Trusted’s platform isn’t just a labor marketplace, it’s also an end-to-end employment system allowing the company to scalably serve as the employer-of-record for the healthcare professionals that they work with. This encourages deep relationships between Trusted and its clinicians and provides Trusted with the opportunity to create a best-in-class experience throughout the entire candidate lifecycle, from acquisition through retention, while eliminating stressful, employment-related overhead from both our clinical professionals and healthcare partners.
Trusted’s headquarters is located in San Francisco’s Financial District, though it has taken a digital-first approach to building its workforce and the majority of their team resides outside the Bay Area.
What we're looking for
Your mission is to architect and develop software that solves impactful user experience and business problems to help us serve and delight our customers at scale. You'll work in a highly collaborative environment with other engineering, design, product, and healthcare professional teammates to help us continuously improve our products and team.
There is a tremendous amount of opportunity in front of us, and continuously improving our software ecosystem has a direct positive impact on our ability to support healthcare professionals and keep up with the awesome demand for Trusted's platform.
We use Ruby on Rails for our backend, React for our web clients, React Native for our mobile app, along with GraphQL, Elasticsearch, and Postgres. Direct experience with these technologies is not required.
- Developing new and existing features on a React web application and Ruby on Rails backend systems that power the core of our business and is used by thousands of healthcare professionals to manage their career and find the right job at the right time around the country
- Developing new and existing features on proprietary applications and services that enable Trusted to provide an awesome experience for healthcare professionals and win in the marketplace
- Building new UI components, product features, and reusable systems/abstractions across the stack
- Collaborating with design, product, and business teammates to help make UI/UX decisions
- Collaborative. You are passionate about our mission and excited for the work we do. You take pride in building software that doesn't just work, but is also delightful to use.
- Proactive. You act without being told what to do and bring new ideas to the company. You want to join a modern software development team that iterates and ships code rapidly.
- Works with honesty & integrity. You work to earn trust and maintain confidence of internal and external stakeholders. You do what is right, not just what is expedient.
- Strategic thinker. You determine opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis of current and future trends. You are able to deal with complexity and change.
- 5+ years experience with Ruby on Rails, React, CSS or similar modern languages and frameworks
- 5+ years experience writing production software that drives significant value for stakeholders
- BS in CS, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or equivalent training and work experience
- Solid understanding of relational databases and Git
- Demonstrated UI/UX sensibility
- Stock options and competitive compensation package
- Paid vacation & sick time and flexible work hours
- Employer paid health insurance, vision, and dental
- Monthly cellular phone reimbursement
- Employer sponsored 401k
Trusted Health provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you cannot submit your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org; we will reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.