Engineering Manager (Remote)
San Francisco, California /
What is Trusted Health?
Trusted is a technology platform that connects healthcare professionals with flexible job opportunities at caregiving facilities across the country. Founded in 2017, Trusted has grown rapidly in pursuit of its mission to help people everywhere get care. In just a few short years, Trusted has become one of the fastest growing companies in the history of the healthcare staffing industry and was recognized as one of Forbes’ “Next Billion Dollar Companies.” Hundreds of thousands of clinicians have already signed up for Trusted’s platform, connecting with & working at healthcare facilities in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
Trusted’s platform isn’t just a labor marketplace, it’s also an end-to-end employment system allowing the company to scalably serve as the employer-of-record for the healthcare professionals that they work with. This encourages deep relationships between Trusted and its clinicians and provides Trusted with the opportunity to create a best-in-class experience throughout the entire candidate lifecycle, from acquisition through retention, while eliminating stressful, employment-related overhead from both our clinical professionals and healthcare partners.
Trusted’s headquarters is located in San Francisco’s Financial District, though it has taken a digital-first approach to building its workforce and the majority of their team resides outside the Bay Area.
What we're looking for
We're looking for a people-minded technical leader that will directly impact our ability to scale our marketplace business. You will lead, support, and provide daily guidance to engineering teammates as we build products and services, as well as champion, role model, and uphold Trusted’s cultural values. You will also support the Engineering team’s people management needs, including mentorship, career development, and performance management. Lastly, you'll spearhead cross-functional technical initiatives and solve systems-oriented problems now and in the future in an economical manner.
We use Ruby on Rails for our backend, React for our web clients, React Native for our mobile app, along with GraphQL, Elasticsearch, and Postgres, although direct experience with these technologies is not required.
- Effectively lead, mentor, and guide the professional and technical development of your teammates, working with them on projects that match well to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals
- Define and execute on your team's quarterly & annual deliverables to ensure that we continue to deliver scalable products and services that have a directly positive impact on our business’s goals and objectives
- Prioritize short-term and long-term goals with engineers & product managers to maintain a balance between building sustainable products and shipping quickly.
- Collaborate with teammates in Business, Ops, Legal, and Marketing to ensure we're solving problems in a holistic manner
- Spearhead and lead specific engineering department initiatives related to reliability, security, and velocity to completion
You excel at
- Leadership. You're a strong people leader that will cultivate a clear vision & priorities for your team.
- People management. You have experience managing a team of engineers and guiding them through their career development. You believe in building both teams and products that scale.
- Teamwork. You can motivate and instill a strong sense of ownership in your team. You enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and you’re committed to driving projects to completion creatively.
- Communication & collaboration. You're able to work with and convey complicated engineering concepts to non-technical colleagues.
- Systems thinking. You can grasp the interconnected parts that make up the whole of our products and related business and engineering processes, and build up on them cohesively.
- 8+ years experience as hands-on, technical individual contributor owning responsibilities of the full development cycle
- 5+ years experience as a technical leader managing high-performing engineering teams & leading/contributing to planning and design discussions
- Direct experience implementing and iterating on engineering team processes and best-practices at a scaling technology company.
- Solid programming skills in modern web languages & frameworks
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Stock options and competitive compensation package
- Paid vacation, sick time, and family leave + flexible work hours
- Employer paid health insurance, vision, and dental
- Monthly cellular phone reimbursement
- Employer sponsored 401k
- Remote worker stipends for co-working space or home office setup
Trusted Health provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you cannot submit your application due to a disability, please email email@example.com; we will reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.