Director, Financial Planning and Analysis
San Carlos, CA or Remote, United States
Finance – Finance, Accounting & Payroll - Americas /
WHO WE ARE
The Trustly Americas team combines PayWithMyBank, a 2012 Silicon Valley startup, with Trustly AB of Sweden, following their 2019 merger. Our team represents 30 nationalities, serving 8,300 merchants, connecting to 650 million consumers, and 12,000 banks across 33 countries. Our global network processes over $42 billion annually.
Our digital account-to-account platform redefines the speed, simplicity and security of payments. Consumers pay for purchases by simply signing into their bank accounts, bypassing the card networks, and never leaving a merchant’s site or app – no credit card numbers or separate account setup necessary.
With U.S. headquarters in Silicon Valley and global headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, we are a culturally diverse team also spread across Canada, Brazil, UK, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Malta and more! Across North America, we have embraced a work from anywhere policy throughout the continental US and Canada.
It’s a great time to join Trustly as the Americas team is growing. If you thrive in an entrepreneurially minded, fast-paced, casual, professional, positive, and rewarding work environment, check us out!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Director, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) you will operate at both a tactical and strategic level, helping drive financial and operational discipline and growth plans for the business. In partnership with the CFO and other leaders, you will help develop and execute key strategies that deliver scalable growth, while collaboratively driving productivity improvements and financial rigor. You will plan and direct the end-to-end processes that drive financial planning, performance measurement, and reporting.
As an engaged leader, you will demonstrate high financial acumen, a business partner mindset, leadership skills and a bias for action, and impactful communications skills. In this role, you will oversee a culturally diverse team across US, Canada, and Brazil. We are looking for a leader who is passionate about inspiring and developing people and maintaining a positive and productive team culture in a remote-first environment. The ideal candidate will speak Portuguese.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead and coordinate overall FP&A activities with subject matter expertise of all enterprise financial / economic drivers
- Shape and facilitate our strategic financial planning processes, including 3-5 year enterprise model, the annual operating plan, rolling monthly forecasts and variance analyses, and the underlying financial planning models, systems and tools
- Continuously and proactively optimize performance analytics that link key enterprise processes to financial results (e.g., sales cycle to revenue, functional drivers to resource requirements and utilization, marketing ROI, customer profitability, etc.)
- Provide financial leadership on key strategic initiatives to govern economic rationale and investment merits
- Develop presentation content that narrates the company’s financial performance and key business drivers in context of declared strategic objectives
- Effectively present to the executive team, board of directors and investors (on an as needed basis)
- Partner with Senior Leaders across the company to champion sound financial management routines and enable operational excellence with function specific insights/reporting
- Collaborate with Accounting in monthly close activities, to ensure accuracy of actuals and alignment to plan
- Perform ad hoc analyses and drive continual process improvements to increase efficiency, effectiveness, and accuracy of planning & analysis activities
- Effectively lead a remote, multicultural, finance team by hiring, retaining, developing, and mentoring the best talent
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor's in finance, accounting, or other relevant business field, MBA preferred
- Strong experience in FP&A, preferably in a rapidly growing SaaS/FinTech organization
- Intellectual curiosity and demonstrable experience in strategic financial and economic analysis (e.g., Equity Research, Investment Banking, VC/PE or Management Consulting)
- Cultural diverse work experience with a high preference for LATAM, specifically Brazil exposure. Portuguese language skills a plus!
- Drivers-based financial statement modeling skills for SaaS P&L/Bal Sheet/Cash Flow
- Excellent proficiency with accounting and corporate finance concept including cash flow modeling, investment analysis and enterprise valuation
- High emotional intelligence and proven ability to elevate a team’s performance
- Strong communication and presentation skills and the ability to guide and influence senior leadership
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Expert spreadsheet and presentation development experience; comfortable with analyzing large datasets; experience in NetSuite, Salesforce, and Adaptive Planning or similar system
- Pacific Time Zone preferred
$150,000 - $200,000 a year
SALARY RANGE: $150,000 - $200,000
SALARY RANGES IN US-BASED ROLE POSTING
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Recruiters can share more information with applicants about the specific salary range for preferred locations during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, and other perks and benefits.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Trustly, you get the opportunity to work on challenging issues and projects with leading FinTech professionals in an innovative and truly inspiring atmosphere. We have a commitment to constantly develop and improve, so you can expect to grow on a professional and personal level in a stimulating environment.
We have a culturally diverse team that spans from Silicon Valley and across the U.S., Canada, Brazil, and Europe with an enthusiasm for remote-first work and the flexibility to balance professional and personal life. Our environment is open and inclusive and we strive to provide employees with a deep sense of belonging while fostering teamwork and having fun.
Trustly’s total compensation packages include competitive salaries, bonus plans, and stock options. We offer innovative perks and benefits packages that include:
- Flexible paid time off & generous PTO accrual plans
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and other insurances
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- Home office set-up allowance
- Internet stipend
- Retirement plan match for 401k and RRSP
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave, and more!
(The benefits and total compensation packages outlined above are for full-time employees only and exclude temporary positions.)
At Trustly, we embrace and celebrate diversity of all forms and the value it brings to our employees and customers. We are proud and committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe an open and inclusive environment enables people to do their best work. All decisions regarding hiring, advancement, and any other aspects of employment are made solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.