Director, Business Systems & Operations
San Carlos, CA or Remote, United States
Merchant Services and Support – Customer and Merchant Support - Americas /
WHO WE ARE
The Trustly Americas team combines PayWithMyBank, a 2012 Silicon Valley startup, with Trustly AB of Sweden, following their 2019 merger. Our team represents 30 nationalities, serving 8,300 merchants, connecting to 650 million consumers, and 12,000 banks across 33 countries. Our global network processes over $42 billion annually.
Our digital account-to-account platform redefines the speed, simplicity and security of payments. Consumers pay for purchases by simply signing into their bank accounts, bypassing the card networks, and never leaving a merchant’s site or app – no credit card numbers or separate account setup necessary.
With U.S. headquarters in Silicon Valley and global headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, we are a culturally diverse team also spread across Canada, Brazil, UK, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Malta and more! Across North America, we have embraced a work from anywhere policy throughout the continental US and Canada.
It’s a great time to join Trustly as the Americas team is growing. If you thrive in an entrepreneurially minded, fast-paced, casual, professional, positive, and rewarding work environment, check us out!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Trustly’s Director - Business Systems & Operations you will drive process and operational excellence through automation, decision support and operational performance management. You are an experienced executive energized by a player/coach role, where you both establish strategic priorities, but are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to help our teams execute with excellence.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
On the Merchant Services team, we are focused on helping merchants implement our various APIs. Our mission is to understand each of our partners’ specific needs, so we can tailor our services to provide maximum value. We are looking for people with a passion for delivering a seamless implementation experience. We have three teams in our group: Solutions, Experience, and Engagement.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Business Process Re-engineering (BPR/BPRE) - Driving productivity & quality of processes within workflows. “Industrial engineering” in the Fintech context. Process/journey mapping & design.
- System & Technology Oversight - Configuration, management and optimization of enterprise systems (in particular Salesforce CRM utilized across our go-to-market, risk, and support teams). Designing & implementing systems to improve customer experiences and streamline internal operations.
- Collaboration with product and technology teams to integrate product/platform experiences, data and workflows
- Modeling & Analytics - Value-added insights on consumer experience and operational performance.
- KPI Management - Steward organizational KPI design, management, target setting and reviews.
- Data - Optimization of Data and Data Flows (elements, fields, objects, etc.)
- Collaboration with data/analytics team to develop and deploy reporting, dashboard and data element/object requirements.
- Business Process Management (BPM) - Establishment and management of corporate operational performance mechanisms and rhythm (e.g. weekly operational KPI meetings, quarterly OKR, strategy reviews, etc..)
- Collaboration with FP&A to support forecasting and performance measurement, and PMO for strategic program management.
WHO YOU ARE
- 10+ Years of broad leadership experience in a software company at scale (fintech and payments experience would be an asset).
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems, software and infrastructure, with direct leadership and management of enterprise systems and tools teams.
- Experience with Salesforce configuration, administration and optimization.
- Experience with leveraging process excellence tools and methodologies to drive Business Process Reengineering efforts.
- Digital and process transformation experience, leveraging processes reengineering and technology to drive organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Built strong, diverse teams and a culture of excellence.
- Established an operating rhythm for your teams, with clear monitoring, measuring and managing KPIs and OKRs.
- Directly managed an operating budget and regularly engaged in company-level strategy and financial reviews.
$140,000 - $160,000 a year
SALARY RANGE: $140,000 - $160,000
SALARY RANGES IN US-BASED ROLE POSTING
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Recruiters can share more information with applicants about the specific salary range for preferred locations during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, and other perks and benefits.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Trustly, you get the opportunity to work on challenging issues and projects with leading FinTech professionals in an innovative and truly inspiring atmosphere. We have a commitment to constantly develop and improve, so you can expect to grow on a professional and personal level in a stimulating environment.
We have a culturally diverse team that spans from Silicon Valley and across the U.S., Canada, Brazil, and Europe with an enthusiasm for remote-first work and the flexibility to balance professional and personal life. Our environment is open and inclusive and we strive to provide employees with a deep sense of belonging while fostering teamwork and having fun.
Trustly’s total compensation packages include competitive salaries, bonus plans, and stock options. We offer innovative perks and benefits packages that include:
- Flexible paid time off & generous PTO accrual plans
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and other insurances
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- Home office set-up allowance
- Internet stipend
- Retirement plan match for 401k and RRSP
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave, and more!
(The benefits and total compensation packages outlined above are for full-time employees only and exclude temporary positions.)
At Trustly, we embrace and celebrate diversity of all forms and the value it brings to our employees and customers. We are proud and committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe an open and inclusive environment enables people to do their best work. All decisions regarding hiring, advancement, and any other aspects of employment are made solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.