Director, Customer Success - Gaming
San Carlos, CA or Remote, United States
Go to Market, Commercial, Sales – Customer Success - Americas /
WHO WE ARE
The Trustly Americas team combines PayWithMyBank, a 2012 Silicon Valley startup, with Trustly AB of Sweden, following their 2019 merger. Our team represents 30 nationalities, serving 8,300 merchants, connecting to 650 million consumers, and 12,000 banks across 33 countries. Our global network processes over $42 billion annually.
Our digital account-to-account platform redefines the speed, simplicity and security of payments. Consumers pay for purchases by simply signing into their bank accounts, bypassing the card networks, and never leaving a merchant’s site or app – no credit card numbers or separate account setup necessary.
With U.S. headquarters in Silicon Valley and global headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, we are a culturally diverse team also spread across Canada, Brazil, UK, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Malta and more! Across North America, we have embraced a work from anywhere policy throughout the continental US and Canada.
It’s a great time to join Trustly as the Americas team is growing. If you thrive in an entrepreneurially minded, fast-paced, casual, professional, positive, and rewarding work environment, check us out!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Trustly is looking for a Director, Customer Success to serve as the primary P&L owner of our Gaming merchants and partners. The Customer Success team plays an integral role in Trustly’s growth, involved in every step in the post-sale process to ensure Customer satisfaction and consumer adoption of Trustly products and services. This is a relationship and team development role where you will be a trusted advisor to internal and external stakeholders and lead a group of customer success managers serving our Gaming portfolio.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
On the Customer Success team, we work alongside payment experts to drive revenue growth and market success by establishing strong partnerships with customers and building brand awareness through effective go-to-market strategies. We are revolutionizing the industry by transforming the way that consumers pay and merchants receive payments. At our core, we are allies in our clients' success, constantly seeking opportunities where our products and services can deliver unparalleled value. We are looking for people with relentless drive, exceptional interpersonal skills, and a strong desire to make a positive impact on the success of our organization.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Act as the primary business point of contact for our portfolio of gaming merchants and serve as a trusted consultant on their behalf
- Understand and articulate the merchant’s executive priorities and define initiatives where Trustly’s product offering can drive incremental business value
- Analyze and interpret merchant performance (e.g., conversion, share of checkout, approval rates, net losses)
- Assess specific customer issues, conduct operational and financial analysis and produce presentation-ready deliverables that drive key business insights
- Drive customer optimization discussions and programs – UX improvements, best practices, benchmarking, A/B testing
- Conduct regular business reviews with merchants and internal stakeholders
- Work with Sales, Product, Engineering, Business Intelligence and Marketing to ensure deployments lead to sustained customer value and ongoing customer success
- Collaborate and share customer feedback with internal Product, Engineering, Marketing, and other cross-functional colleagues to enhance ongoing product development efforts
- Become an expert on Trustly’s payments and data solutions
- Build a team of CS Managers to work across accounts
- Anticipated travel of 25%
WHO YOU ARE
- 7+ years of successful experience in Customer Success, Project Management, Sales, Integrations Management Consulting or related focus with Enterprise (F500) clients
- 3+ years of leadership experience including people management and resource planning to scale a Customer Success team as needed
- Professional experience with payments deployed through a UX required
- Experience in working with complex technologies; Payments/Fintech experience highly preferred
- Passionate about the gaming industry, with personal experience in sports betting, daily fantasy, etc. a plus
- Successfully manage multiple client interactions, at all levels with high quality and grace under pressure
- Ability to leverage your business acumen to assess client needs and drive outcomes
- Extremely data driven; ability to understand data sets and leverage this data to drive customer outcomes and adoption
- Excellent collaborator with the skills needed to engage across multiple teams (Product, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Risk, Support) and multiple geographies to drive the outcomes needed to ensure success
- Professional, executive presence internally and externally and ability to navigate those relationships well
- Intellectual curiosity, an analytical mindset, and accompanying skills with MS Excel, Access, Powerpoint, and Google Suite to generate deliverables Innate desire to build, lead, and mentor a Customer Success team.
- You must want to hold your team accountable, set expectations, and see the success of your team as your number one responsibility
- Advanced CRM skills, Salesforce preferred
- Proven success working in a fast-paced, dynamic and rapidly changing startup environment
- Experience with QlikSense, Tableau, ThinkCell, Python a plus
$150,000 - $190,000 a year
SALARY RANGE: $150,000 - $190,000
SALARY RANGES IN US-BASED ROLE POSTING
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Recruiters can share more information with applicants about the specific salary range for preferred locations during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, and other perks and benefits.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Trustly, you get the opportunity to work on challenging issues and projects with leading FinTech professionals in an innovative and truly inspiring atmosphere. We have a commitment to constantly develop and improve, so you can expect to grow on a professional and personal level in a stimulating environment.
We have a culturally diverse team that spans from Silicon Valley and across the U.S., Canada, Brazil, and Europe with an enthusiasm for remote-first work and the flexibility to balance professional and personal life. Our environment is open and inclusive and we strive to provide employees with a deep sense of belonging while fostering teamwork and having fun.
Trustly’s total compensation packages include competitive salaries, bonus plans, and stock options. We offer innovative perks and benefits packages that include:
- Flexible paid time off & generous PTO accrual plans
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and other insurances
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- Home office set-up allowance
- Internet stipend
- Retirement plan match for 401k and RRSP
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave, and more!
(The benefits and total compensation packages outlined above are for full-time employees only and exclude temporary positions.)
At Trustly, we embrace and celebrate diversity of all forms and the value it brings to our employees and customers. We are proud and committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and believe an open and inclusive environment enables people to do their best work. All decisions regarding hiring, advancement, and any other aspects of employment are made solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.