Manager-Director, Global Engineering
Full Time Employee
We are at the forefront of a revolution in financial technology. Over the last three years, stable digital currencies have grown from being a $10mm market to a $5.6B market (560x growth). Meanwhile fintech is booming across the world as people grow dissatisfied with traditional banks and look for alternatives. We believe that new technology will allow us to make financial freedom as accessible as the internet and we are driven each day towards this vision.
Our team is global with employees based in San Francisco, Ireland and remote, made up of talented people from Google, Facebook, and Coinbase. Investors at a16z crypto, Founders Fund Angel, Stanford StartX, and other top VC firms believe in us and have provided over $30mm of funding for us to achieve our vision.
We started by creating a way to move money more freely than ever before with our stablecoins: TrueUSD, TrueAUD, TrueCAD, TrueGBP, and TrueHKD. Our TrueCurrencies now connect 76 countries across 6 continents and power billions of dollars of transactions.
Our team is on a mission to empower people by opening access to financial opportunities. We’re bringing online a global, open-access financial network that will touch a billion lives across every corner of the planet. It’s going to be a long journey, and we’re just at the beginning.
About the role
This is an opportunity to lead and build a high performance global engineering team in a fast-moving Silicon Valley tech company. You'll be working with cutting-edge tech such as deploying Solidity smart contracts which do billions of dollars of transactions on the Ethereum blockchain.
This role reports directly to the CEO and represents the voice of engineering in leadership meetings. The top company priority is to create a high-performance global engineering team.
You're able and excited to recruit, lead, and manage a global engineering team in a fast-changing, start-up environment. You've demonstrated success doing this in previous roles. You bring strong technical skills, excellent team-building skills, and a systems mindset towards hard engineering problems. You are adaptable, flexible, and determined in removing blockers to increase engineering output. You’ve built strong remote cultures and teams before.
- Support engineers to do the best work of their careers
- Keep engineers unblocked and protect their maker time
- Work with the product head to determine product strategy and roadmap
- Be hands-on while the team is still growing
- Set the culture bar for engineering team
- Recruit engineering talent from around the world
- Vet candidates for technical excellence and cultural fit
- We are flexible on the role as engineering manager, senior manager, or director. We are looking for the person best situated to adapt to an evolving landscape that continually presents new challenges
- We believe in redesigning the org and the role around individual strengths and weaknesses and in light of the evolving market landscape
If this sounds like you...
- Independent operator seeking to build a top-tier engineering culture and team from the ground up
- Independent thinker with mathematical understanding and representations of challenges
- Desire to define, adapt, and communicate what success looks like to leadership team as things change
- Desire to build a global remote engineering team and culture
- Desire to build tightly-knit pods that can operate independently and flexibly
- Ability to balance trade offs optimizing for more output now (i.e. MVPs) vs more output later (i.e. tech debt) depending on market conditions and strategic priorities
- Ability to critically analyze probabilities and costs of security incidents and to appropriately prioritize team efforts toward minimizing incident expected value
- Desire to build the rails and routing system for efficient movement of capital
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you if so.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Apply today and let us know what makes you unique.
Learn more about TrustToken