Head of Business Development
Remote | US /
Business Development & Sales /
Full Time Employee
TrustToken envisions a world where financial freedom is as accessible as the internet. To realize this vision, we are reinventing financial infrastructure to be more effective and equitable.
Our core project is TrueFi, the blockchain protocol for global lending. TrueFi lets portfolio managers launch diverse lending opportunities on-chain to a global base of lenders and borrowers. Since November 2020, TrueFi has facilitated ~$1.5B of loan originations and more than $1B of repayments, with no defaults to date.
Our mission is to grow TrueFi into the definitive protocol for the nearly $10 trillion global lending market.
Our team is global with employees in the US, Poland, Ireland and remote, made up of talented people that bring passion and expertise from pioneering web3/crypto projects, consumer and enterprise technology companies, and institutional finance leaders. We're backed by luminaries from a16z crypto, Blocktower, Founders Fund, Alameda Research, Stanford StartX, and other top global investors from North America, Europe, and Asia.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As Head of Business Development, TIP|TAM you will report to the Chief Investment Officer and will be a key member of the Business Development Team.
The TrueFi lending protocol currently hosts approximately $500 million in liquidity and has originated over $1.5 billion in loans in the last eighteen months. While the existing borrower base primarily consists of crypto-focused hedge funds, TrueFi is now onboarding traditional finance portfolio managers and borrowers to broadly diversify across both non-crypto and crypto borrower prospects.
TrustLabs Institutional Platform (TIP) and TrustLabs Asset Management (TAM) are two business units which, while independent of TrueFi, are critical players in the TrueFi protocol ecosystem.
The TrustLabs Institutional Platform (TIP) is a SaaS solution designed to grow the addressable market for the TrueFi protocol. TIP reduces the barrier to entry for traditional investors to interact with DeFi, making TrueFi the easiest place for portfolio managers, borrowers, and lenders to operate their credit and lending strategies in a fully regulatory compliant way.
TAM is a specialized asset management business running a diverse range of credit strategies in various portfolios on TrueFi. While TAM is a growth oriented asset management business pioneering running credit portfolios on the blockchain via TrueFi, it also serves as an in-house “laboratory” for TIP to improve its solutions offerings and develop new products and services for TrueFi marketplace participants.
- Create and execute a highly successful Business Development (BD) and partnerships strategy and operating plan for both the TIP and TAM Platforms, specific to our institutionally targeted asset management products
- Build a BD organization with a relentless commitment to coaching the team in developing consultative and solution-based sales skills through all facets of the sales cycle
- Head of BD will initially build and develop the BD prospects pipeline while in parallel building a high performing team to drive on-boarding of new clients and sales.
- Work closely with your cross-functional peers to drive clarity and simplicity for the Business Development organization to win and onboard new prospects
- To advocate for the product and operational needs and demands of portfolio management, investing/lending and borrowing clients
- Collaborate with Credit, Strategy, and Product leadership to determine near and long term growth objectives
- Be a domain expert in these areas to help TIP/TAM craft its forward looking strategy while building a customer base
- Define strategies that demonstrate compelling value to expand and close complex SAAS technology solutions BD opportunities
- Negotiate win-win economics in contracts that support profitable, long-term customer and partner relationships
- Prioritize ruthlessly, dedicating the team’s time and resources on the most promising opportunities and constantly re-evaluating how to efficiently manage less obvious onesImmerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
- 7+ years of experience in enterprise SaaS/Fintech BD in dynamic, fast paced, and results oriented organizations
- Significant track record of closing high value solution deals in complex fintech / SaaS at USD $1m-$10m deal size
- Proven track record of talent attraction and leadership development
- Deep knowledge and credibility in pitching complex technology, preferably to C-level executives at sophisticated emerging, regional and global asset management companies as well as family office and other sophisticated institutional investors
- Outstanding client engagement skills:Polished, articulate, and credible when communicating with partners in business and social settings
- Focus on understanding the clients’ business needs and challenges, and how TIP/TAM can meet them creatively
- Ability to present and discuss information in a manner that persuades, educates, and enhances client understanding of the enterprise
- Self-motivated and able to handle multiple competing priorities
- Strong bias for action with an ability to bring others along in the effort to build a scalable go-to-market and partnerships organization
- Excellent written, interpersonal, verbal and listening skills
- Adaptable for the quickly changing landscape of a startup environment in an emerging technology space
If this sounds like you and you have a curiosity for blockchain and cryptocurrency trends with a desire to work with a global customer base then this could be the role for you!
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you if so.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Apply today and let us know what makes you unique.
Learn more about TrustToken