Manager of Compliance
Legal & Compliance
Full Time Employee
TrustToken is creating a more efficient and inclusive global financial system by digitizing assets that can be seamlessly and securely exchanged across markets worldwide. TrustToken’s first product, TrueUSD, has become the most traded stablecoin fully backed by US dollars. TrustToken has since launched four additional fiat-backed stablecoins, TrueGBP, TrueAUD, TrueCAD, and TrueHKD. TrustToken products trade on some of the world’s top exchanges - Binance, Huobi, OKEx, and many others - and can be purchased or redeemed directly in the TrustToken App.
Founded in 2017, our team is based in San Francisco and is made up of people coming from Airbnb, AMEX, Apple, Facebook and Google. We’re backed by a16z crypto, BlockTower Capital, Danhua Capital, Founders Fund Angel, GGV Capital, Jump Capital, Stanford-StartX, and others.
We are just getting started and are growing fast. Want to join us?
As Manager of Compliance (Investigations), you’ll play both a hands-on and strategic role in overseeing and providing guidance for our transaction monitoring and investigations part of the compliance program. You'll report to our Head of Compliance and will supervise a small but growing team of investigators as you work towards creating scalable and streamlined processes to support our fast-paced work environment.
Your responsibilities will span: building out the compliance investigations team, training the investigations team on monitoring on-chain and off chain transactions, drafting and maintaining policies and procedures for transaction monitoring, implementing monitoring the flags with our current vendors, and assessing and resolving compliance and risk issues.
- Provide guidance on the following areas of laws and regulations and their associated impact on TrustToken’s operations (especially in regards to evolving regulations for the cryptocurrency and blockchain space): Monitoring transactions on-chain and off-chainer License (MTL), banking, securities, and commodities
- Knowledge of the operations and requirements of various flags to build a robust transaction monitoring program
- Manage ongoing escalations
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures regarding transaction monitoring
- Implement a compliance testing program for transaction monitoring
- Execute industry best practices for monitoring service providers including due diligence and oversight
- Ensure proper transaction monitoring for detection of suspicious activity
- Maintain up-to-date internal documentation and make recommendations for enhancements of our internal processes and tools
- Evaluate the effectiveness of systems, procedures, and controls for risk and compliance based on regulatory requirements and industry standards
- Minimum of a BA or BS degree with strong academic performance
- 5+ years of experience conducting investigations and detecting suspicious activity
- Experience in monitoring transactions on the blockchain
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Interest in FinTech and working in a fast paced startup environment
- You're entrepreneurial at heart and do what it takes to achieve our goals, without having someone telling you what to do, and without being confined to normal business hours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong decision making and problem-solving abilities
- Commitment to developing an overall and compliance culture to make TrustToken a great place to work
Does this sound like you? We’d love to hear from you if so.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Apply today and let us know what makes you unique.
Learn more about TrustToken